“Loved the view”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Matheran
Lords Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Matheran
Reviewed February 4, 2010

The valley view from here is awesome. We got to enjoy this really incredible sight of full moon in the night and sunrise the next morning.
They have a small library. You pick a book and sit in one of the tables overlooking the valley. Then you order a pot of tea/coffee and forget the world. :)
Food is good for non-vegetarians. Did not find the veggie options appetising.
Friendly staff; quick service.
Overall enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Priya_rajanna

Reviewed January 21, 2010

If you are looking for spending quality time with your loved ones then this is the ultimate place to stay in Matheran. Matheran is nearby to Mumbai and you can spend your weekend at a reasonable prices in Lords. The important thing while choosing any hotel / accomodation is cuisine and I assure you won't regret for this. The restaurant will provide you good cuisine which you will enjoy atmost.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SakpalVijay
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Have visited Matheran around 3 times before but a few years back and had stayed at Brightlands resort (Which used to be very nice then). Now the ownership has changed and was not very sure how the new owners run the show and with the negative comments that i read about it in recent times, I thought i should book at Hotel Lords Central. Location is amazing. I can say one of the best you can find in Matheran. We had a valley view room and parents had a valley side view room. Both were next to each other and there was hardly any difference in the views from the veranda of both the rooms though we had paid much more for the valley view room. However their room was smaller and had 3 beds whilst ours was larger and had 4 beds. The rooms were really dated and sincerely need lot of renovation asap. For the money that they charge i think they shoud keep the rooms well maintained. the TV did not work half the time. The rooms were not cleaned untill we requested them to do so once in the whole trip. bedsheets, towels napkins and soaps were never changed in the 4 days that we were there. Only morning and evening tea is served in the rooms and those trays are not cleared inspite of repeated reminders. They dont provide you with hot water for bath after 10.30am. therefore they had a nice small pool we rarely saw anyone swimming as it is was quite cold. though i must say that the old lady who was managing the hotel was kind enough to provide me with 2 buckets of water on the day we checked in as i had to bathe my little son. but she clearly told us that it would not be possible on the other days. She did see to it that i got some basic dal rice and a soup for my son at every meal which was very nice of her. But the food otherwise was just average and much below our expectations. most of the days they serve set meals and keep getting very little portions of everydish even bread only four slices in between 4 adults. So we had to keep asking for more again and again which seemed very awkward to us. They have a nice badminton court, TT table, carrom board and a floor chess. We were celebrating our anniversary on one of the days and my husband had requested the hotel to arrange a cake for me as a surprise and they happily arranged for it complimentary. On the whole we had a lovely vacation in Matheran but would prefer if they update the rooms, improve their service, add some more variety to the food and improve and maintain cleanliness.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank BCooper123
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I reached Lords at 1030, was happy to see the Host, thanks to all you reviewers, I agree the host was indeed a nice person and so was his son.
On goin to the room, I was a bit disappointed to see that, what was on offer was a basic room at an inflated rate. Rooms were clean yes, bathroom was clean, yes.....but again thanks to all the reviews I read I wasnt expecting any fancy luxury place. valley view room had a breathtaking view ..yes...but again are u willing to pay like 1000 rs - 2000 rs to view the valley and how long are you going to stand in front of the window to view the valley on a holiday??
food ie Lunch and dinner was great, but there was this grey haired chef..I advise you to ignore him, speakin to him is like banging your head against a wall, the answer to all your questions is addressed to everyone in the dining hall.
Breakfast was a huge huge disappointment, ur at the mercy of the grey haired chef or steward or whoever he is..... what was worse was toast/butter/jam was not on the buffet table, so your at the mercy of the grey haired nightmare and an equally lazy waiter, not surprisingly my requests for toast butter jam etc went unanswered.....then when i finally got some after like 30 mins..I was frustrated, I asked for egg white since there were some real oily egg with yolks there and that request to went unanswered ofcourse i made the same mistake of requesting the grey haired demonic chef....I later decided that I was better off goin to my room and requesting the same and that really worked for me, I did get it in like 10 mins in my room.

Moral of the story ignore the grey haired chef

I reely reely hope this feedback helps and the chef / stewards waiters get better when u guys do visit this place, on second thoughts watch out for a steward who has recently dyed his hair

I liked the housekeepin staff , there were real quick , i did tip Mukesh the housekeeper

Im not sure I would visit the place again, I liked the look and feel of Usha Ascot where I stayed before

One more thing that I havent written abt in general abt Matheran is this municipal tax of 25 rs per person which I find ridiculous, tax to enter a place???

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank JohnKunder
Reviewed December 6, 2009

The hotel by the look of it is worn out , but the food & service is awesome & one of the best,
The food here is something you will never ever forget. Awesome is nothe the word.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank swap_g12
Reviewed December 5, 2009

Room were great with a good view of hill from your balcony..food was good..campus was good..very close to the market and toy train station...overall a good place to be..

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank princebhatia
Reviewed December 5, 2009

The place is located close to the toy train station in matheran. The rooms are spacious. There is a veranda attached with the room that can be a great time to just enjoy the valley view, read a book or just spend a leisurely time.
The rooms were air conditioned. The rooms had a DTH box but very channels were activated. The TV was way too small to be watched.
The valley facing rooms are great.
The buffet is served three times a day. The taste is good and prices reasonable.
The hotel has a unique life size chess board with life size pawns.
The overall experience is good. The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank pandegaurav
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matheran
Neemrana's - Verandah in the Forest
The Byke Heritage - Matheran
Adamo The Resort
Adamo The Resort
#4 of 22 in Matheran

Been to Lords Central Hotel? Share your experiences!