“Excellent experience”
Review of Adamo The Resort

Adamo The Resort
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Matheran
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Adamo. The service provided by the staff was prompt and efficient. The staff is very cordial. The rooms were cleaned regularly. The food is excellent. Good programs by the staff are organized in the evening which includes a musical programme, games for children, etc which definitely keeps everyone engaged. Its the best place to stay at whether you are traveling solo, with friends or family. Its complete value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shamal86
Adamo91, Manager at Adamo The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to write a review on Trip Advisor. We aim to ensure that our guests have a memorable experience at our resort. Your appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future.

We look forward to you revisiting Adamo The Resort and make even more memorable memories.

Thanking You,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We planned a first trip after marriage to Matheran from 30 April to 3 May 2013. It was a memorable experience at Adamo - The Resort. Resort is awesome with well managed amenities, rooms were regularly cleaned and properly mantained (We had gone for Regent Delux A/C Room), superb service by staff, meal and food was very delicious, events organized in the evening were fantastic rather we stood second in one of the couple game. Overall good and awesome experience. Also Mr. Sandeep (management guy as well as good singer) was always present to help us.

Room Tip: For good experience and lovely view go for rooms facing swimming pool (I had opted for it).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for posting your views about your experience with the TripAdvisor community.
Nothing feels better than having a satisfied guest at our resort. It is the feedback from guests like you who keep us motivated at all times to strive harder and please you all at every level possible.

We eagerly wait for your return.

Thanking You,

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked this hotel after reading all the reviews in trip advisor about this hotel and more than a dozen other hotels in Matheran. It took a week for us to finalize the hotel after thorough analysis of all the reviews. The thing attracted me was the professional approach I observed in their call centre staff and hotel reception staff while talking over phone. Impressed with that, I booked a "Regent Deluxe" room for my family comprising my spouse and 5 year old child. Ours was a family holiday for 2 nights just to have a break from the hustle bustle of Mumbai. We reached Matheran by toy train from Neral and checked in to the hotel at about 12.30 PM. The reception staff was frank enough to tell that the hot water shall be available only for 2 hours in the morning. All good perceptions about the hotel started collapsing from there. This was not mentioned in their web site as well as the other reviews I read in trip advisor. Then they shown the hotel room #101, a regent deluxe one in the ground floor reserved for us in the hotel. It was near the kerala ayurvedic massage room adjacent to swimming pool. We saw the room but it was awkwardly oriented. This kind of a room we never came across so far in any part of the world we travelled. Room ambience was good, furnishing was neat and clean and it was spacious. Bath room was commendably clean and spacious with all modern amenities like in a luxury hotel. But the surprising thing was that the room was not having a single cup board or mirror. Only when you enter the bathroom, you will see a spacious cup board and mirror, which was not at all appealing with my spouse since it was tad inconvenient to go to toilet every time when you want to take something from your travel bag. Moreover one cannot change his dress or get ready when someone else is in the toilet. We asked hotel for a change of room but they conveyed that all the ground floor regent deluxe rooms were like that only. They shown one room in the first floor but when I went there to see the room, I was greeted by a group of rampaging monkeys. It was afternoon time and I saw most of the first floor rooms balconies were occupied with menacing monkeys who were playing with the clothes guest might have kept for drying in the balcony. So, we were forced to accept the same room #101 since there was no other way as we paid the whole charges in advance. We had lunch in the restaurant which was having a good ambience and the food was very tasty and delicious. Serving staff were very courteous and were delivering Gujarati vegetarian delicacies patiently as and when we ask for something. In fact restaurant and food was the only thing that impressed us in this hotel cent percent.

We took rest in the room and planned to go for outing in the evening. But unfortunately our child developed cough and fever in the night and our entire plan went spoilsport. In the evening we tried to get medicine but, believe us, the common medicines prescribed by Mumbai doctors were not at all available in the 3-4 odd small medical shops in Matheran. We were quite shocked to find that the town does not have a well equipped medical shop. Also most shops close by 7-8 PM. Finally I had to settle with some alternative medicine suggested by one medical shop keeper. For the whole night we did not sleep properly because our child was unwell and continuously coughing. Also, there was sound coming from the adjacent party area of hotel till midnight. There was a buffet dinner followed by Housie arranged by the hotel near the swimming pool but we could not enjoy the same. On the next day morning we decided to cut short our trip and go back to Mumbai as soon as possible since our child’s condition was not improving. After break fast I conveyed this to the reception detailing my child’s illness but they responded in such a way that it was not their fault that we could not continue stay in the hotel. They flatly refused to refund any amount for the unused day. I desperately told them to consider it on humanitarian grounds as an exceptional case but they did not pay heed to it. I also talked with their professional face- call centre in Mumbai but the very same customer service agent Ms. Shagufta who impressed me while doing my booking sang a different tune. She politely refused to provide any refund for the balance day which was yet to be commenced stating that it was against their “Policy”. On my request on whether they have policy prevailing over humanity she simply told “sorry”. I stood in the reception for around 20 minutes waiting for a positive response. It was around 11 am and so many tourists were coming to the reception enquiring on instant availability of room. To this, the hotel staff was observed telling that rooms were available. Seeing this, I requested the reception staff to at least refund 50% of the second day’s rent since they might easily get a guest for the vacated room as it was hardly 11.30 am. Remember their check in time is 11 am. But nobody was responding and repeating the same statement that it was against their “policy”. Since the child’s illness was more important for us we decided to check out the hotel at 1 PM foregoing the rent of next day which was already paid. It means I had to pay Rs. 10000.00 (Rs. 5000.00 per day for two nights) though my actual stay in the hotel was from 12.30 PM of 8th Feb to 1 PM of 9th Feb. We took the 2 PM train to Neral and straightaway headed to our pediatrician in Thane. My child remained ill for next couple of days and then she got alright after undergoing the treatment. Though I lost Rs. 5000.00 at the hands of Adamo the Resort, I said thanks to God for taking the decision to immediately return to Mumbai which helped my child to recover fast. But I am writing this review just because this incident is enough to prove that hotels like Adamo the Resort are run by pure business minded individuals who do not have any heart and soul and humanity. Matheran is a nice and beautiful hill station which appears to be still in 1950s and one must visit this place for its uniqueness, but with no expectation of human considerations especially if you decided to stay in hotels like Adamo the Resort.

Before concluding I also advise the travelers to carry all common medicines with you since you may not get them in Matheran.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank shobhashkumar
Adamo91, Guest Relations Manager at Adamo The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. While I am happy to read your positive comments, I also want to apologize on behalf of the team for falling short of providing you with a perfect holiday.. We are certain, your feedback shall facilitate us in consolidating upon our strengths and improve further on our standards. Thus enabling our valuable guests...

I am deeply disheartened to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay and that we were unable to deliver to you the Adamo experience. It is truly regrettable to know that we fell short to give you a memorable experience during your new years holiday. This is certainly not the standard of service that we endeavor to provide to our guests. The team are addressing your highlighted concerns very seriously and are looking into the housekeeping and service issues you faced.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards

Reviewed April 7, 2013

All,

We (4 ppl, 2 kids)visited Adamo resort during 29-31 March 2013 & paid almost 23K for Dlx AC villa for 2N Stay AP basis

Villa was very good and Food quality was also good and up to mark but we kind of felt that, they were not prepared for big dates. kind of service we experienced, forced me to put Adamo in negative remarks

Good point
1. Villa was really good
2. Food was ok & can be consider
3. Matheran phone lines were down so we not abled to do payment by CC & we had not enough case with us. team waited and supported us to do payment. they wont forced any time.

Negative point (rather Improvement)

Resort having very limited open space, small swimming pool, indoor games in basement (and not in good quality & with limited fans so you will suffocate there ) & kid play area is also not well maintained,

1. Even after booking, they made us waiting for 20-30 minutes at Reception as they went for cleaning room after we came

2. Room service was not at all good as for single requirement, we used to call them 3-4 times and I went up to reception twice for complaints

3. they had DJ event on 29th, but it was totally out of rhythm and totally wastage

4. and he has not mentioned anywhere, alcohol is allowed openly in resort, people were drinking in front of family and kids and there were no one to manage them..... if you allow alcohol, it should not spoil other members day

5. suggestion: with evening tea, you should at least serve biscuits with it.

I have written same points to Adamo management and

I will not never visit Adamo resort again and even will not encourage anybody

Room Tip: I stayed in Dlx AC villa and it was good. dont have clue for other rooms
3  Thank ashupdh

Regards

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Thanx to the gr8 Manager and Staff of the resort for a successful events organized at Adamo Resort Matheran.. We were pleased with the services and the personal attention given by the manger Mr. Yadavji. It was the best Holi event by the hotel's management and all the guests had fun. We would defenetly love to go to the resort for some awesome vacations like this. Thank you Adamo Matheran for the memories of the life time.

1  Thank Talktohits
Adamo91, Director of Sales at Adamo The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Greetings !!

We thank you for sparing your precious time to give inputs of our property and sharing your valuable experience at the property despite your buzy schedules.

We are glad that you and your family had the best of your valuable time at the property specially Anniversary celebrations with added Flavour of Holi festival. We shall also be glad to have your valuable suggestions so as to enhance your comfort levels during your next visits.

We shall look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Thanking you,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in Adamo resort in March 2013 and it was a nice stay.
We had booked the villas and the rooms were very good and spacious. The bathroom was very nice too.
The hotel had food included, but the same was not very good. Some items were delicious and some were sub standard.
But overall a nice stay and we would like to return back.

2  Thank KaushalK
Adamo91, Director of Sales at Adamo The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Greetings from Adamo !!

We thank you for your valuable inputs in detail during your valuable stay at our property. We are glad that your stay was pleasant and your requirements were catered by one and all.

We shall be grateful to serve you at the earliest and shall await your arrival with detail's so as to cater to your smallest needs. With inputs and suggestions it gives us an edge to strive for greater satisfactions of our esteemed Guests.

Thanking you i remain,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Had awesome experience. The rooms were great & clean. Although wished they pruned the trees a bit.. The service was very prompt. Food quality is great. The best part which we do not witness everywhere is the hospitality. Very courteous staff who serve food like we do at home. At one time, we were relaxing in the swing late night and they actually came down serving water even without asking for it..

Had nice DJ on Saturday night plus Karoke and mimicry nights on other..

Overall, good package for a nice vacation..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Ritesh B
Adamo91, Director of Sales at Adamo The Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Greetings !!

We are glad that you and your family had the best of your valuable time at the property and shall look forward to your next vist in the near future. We shall also be glad to have your valuable suggestions so as to enhance your comfort levels during your next visits.

Thanking you,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matheran
Neemrana's - Verandah in the Forest
#15 of 22 in Matheran
Radha Cottage
Radha Cottage
#6 of 22 in Matheran

Been to Adamo The Resort? Share your experiences!