All reviews live music swimming pool breakfast and dinner room service thali walking distance from market min walk nice property badminton court magic show rooms are clean housekeeping staff every evening singer kishore songs veg
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Clean, Beautiful rooms. We stayed in Deluxe room with no view. A family of 3 with 2 adult and 1 child of 7. Rooms was spacious. Separate storage space. A sofa cum double bed for child. There was no fridge in the room and WiFi was chargeable which was disappointing. Front desk staff were very helpful. Food was excellent. Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea/Snacks and Dinner. However we could not eat much in Lunch as 4 meals become too much to eat so we use to skip lunch sometimes. They should have an option of taking only Breakfast and Dinner. Spread was also good. Service was however slow as it was a peak season. Staff are generally locals at Matheran and u get a feeling that are not well trained.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Well from where do I start, it was such a terrible experience staying at Usha Ascot. I booked a deluxe executive room during the weekend of May 20th 2018 and I must say I was totally disappointed with the hotel and their staff.

Cons:

- Cost: I was charged Rs 12000 for one night in this pathetic hotel (not even 3 star I would say)
- They charged additionally a whopping Rs 2000 for a single kid aged 5 years. They said its their policy to charge separate for kids even if they are under 12. I did not ask for any additional service like extra bed, etc for my kid but still I had to pay additional 2k. First time ever I experienced this in a hotel.
- Staff: Very rude and unprofessional. Don’t know how to talk to Customers. Guy at reception (Mr Kishore) was not ready to listen when I wanted to put my argument against their policy of charging separate for kids.
- WiFi: Charged at Rs 100 per device for one day… :) This is after you shell out Rs 12000 per night. WiFi speed is average.
- Rooms: Average. Biggest disappointment was the toilet flush does not work half the times. Every time we called them, they said they are short on water and it will start working in next 10 mins but it did not work.
- Food: To our surprise, we found that only veg food (Gujrati Cuisine) is being served for all the meals. Evening snacks served were literally non-edible. Lunch was served in a big hall that looked more like a mediocre marriage hall. Awful experience.
- Checkout Time: 9:00 am. How on earth hotel would expect family spending vacation to do checkout early morning. I had requested them for late checkout but I started getting calls from 9:30 am onwards to vacant the room on Sunday morning. Terrible..

Pros
- Nothing that I can point out except that the property space is good.

I would suggest to avoid going to this place. Its totally waste of money and precious family time. Worst part is they did not even care to take guest feedback during checkout.

Room Tip: Avoid visiting this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
6  Thank PankajL107
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Villas are good but not worth the exuberant money been charged. Hotel is least bothered of customers and they serve as they like watery black tea, butter milk, milk. Despite bringing up to notice same served with limited food varieties specially on week days. Fruits served on sunday in breakfast and asked why same is not served on monday been told that it comes from vashi. They really did not intend to keep customer happy else it could have been bought from local market too.
Garden is not in good condition and dangerous for babies.
Staff is not guided and some have attitude. Not at all worth the money spent. They are more focused towards conference groups.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dimple g
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

Booked 3 rooms for 6 adults + one extra adult and one child including all meals.
Though I informed Mr.Kishor about 5 adults would be check in after 4pm then also neither lunch kept for them nor next day lunch provided,
Later When we demand for lunch for 5 adults ,to my surprise Mr.Kishor started telling about hotel policies which were never informed to us at time of prior late check in information neither so called his verbal hotel policies written on any booking vouchers nor on hotel official website,
Meals timings were not mention on booking voucher or hotel official website.
Hotel charged all meal package which cost 2700 ₨ for extra adult cost and kid 1900 ₨ though lunch was never provide.
When we requested to the manager for the same issue, he said "Am running this property since 20 years so don't argue with me "
Sir, I paid huge amount for our stay and I requested for the meals which I paid to your property and I prior informed about late check in that time why your staff didn't inform about hotel policies ! Thats my right,to ask for which I paid isn't?
Felt cheated,
Average breakfast with no fruits,
Dinner was salty, no soft drinks /buttermilk.
Very limited toiletries with only one shampoo sachet , no dental kit, no shaving kit.
Very late room service, person came after one hour for TV repair,
No maintenance of children play park,
Overall not worth the cost,
Very disappointed visit,
Kindly, avoid this property.
Will never visit at this fraud hotel again,
Regards,
Dr.Sadhana.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
8  Thank DrSadhana
Reviewed February 1, 2018

We visited this property between 26 to 28 January weekend.
About 15 min walk from Matheran station/market..
Very nice and huge property. We stayed in villa which was spacious and comfortable.
Food was really good. Lots of options in breakfast , lunch and dinner(and tasty too).
Breakfast ,tea and dinner was arranged in open area near pool .
They had arranged fun activities like magic show , housie, live music in the night, around dinner time, which made the stay more enjoyable.
Swimming pool was nice and clean.Badminton court was also good.
Few points like charlotte lake ,lords point, sunrise point, khandala point are within half n hour walk from the hotel.You can get horse/rikshaw just outside the hotel.
Just beware of monkeys.
Only cons was there was no 3G/4G coverage and hotel wifi is chargeable (but I think one can manage without net since we are on vacation to enjoy nature and relax...
right : 0 )