“Gujarat Bhavan - A slice of Gujarat in Matheran”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Matheran
Gujarat Bhavan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Matheran
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The first two things that comes to my mind when I think of Gujarat Bhavan Hotel are supremely tasty/sumptuous food and timely service. I had a short stay of 3 days in this hotel and found it a very comfortable, peaceful and enjoyable experience. Obviously the swimming pool is the biggest luxury provided by the hotel, but for me, the elementary activity of swaying in the swings (meant for children) proved to be very blissful and fun!! The rooms are decently maintained with chilled interiors and the view outside the balcony is pretty nice.
I would definitely recommend Gujarat Bhavan to anyone keen on visiting Matheran and who loves eating delicious Indian Veg Food. These guyz even make South Indian food taste awesome!!! :)

Room Tip: Rooms near the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank VarunendraV
HarshD, Owner at Gujarat Bhavan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are delighted to know that you loved our hotel, food and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Gujarat Bhavan Hotel, Matheran soon.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Gujarat Bhavan Hotel

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Recently i visited Matheran with my family, so we went for lunch at gujarat bhavan.....They charged rs 200/- per unlimited thali...basically gujarati dish....but it was testay food.....we were last to take lunch around 3 pm.....generally its close at 2:30 pm but on that day we were lucky to get food at 2:30 pm.......Food quality is very good...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pineshmoradia

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed our food and we hope next time you give us an opportunity to show our hospitality too by staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Let me start with a little relevant fact. I am a strict non-vegetarian for whom any selection of tourist destination/hotel/restaurant heavily depends on the quality of food available there. So when we finalized on Gujarat Bhavan, most of my friends were skeptical about my survival for next 48 hours. But there came "Gujarat Bhavan" which almost changed my food habits.

Brief review about the hotel goes this way,

a) Rooms: Not so clean and maintained but value for money. 4 of us stayed in one room which had adequate space.

b) Service: Extremely co-operative staff. Hassle free and jovial

c) Location: If you are looking for a hotel nearer to the station as well as from the best spots, Gujarat Bhavan earns a brownie point

d) Food: Hygienic, tasty, finger licking experience. Very few veg hotels in my life have received such applauds from me. These guys deserve every bit of it.

e) Value for money: Completely

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debanjansom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Average hotel. Forced to stay for two nights as refused to room availability for one night.
We were four people wanted two rooms but asked to stay in one room with extra beds, even when we were ready to pay for two rooms.
Apart from food nothing is in shape.
Avoid if u can get some other hotel

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sanjeevkuchhal

Dear Guest,

We are surprised by your review as when you checked out you were full of praises to our staff and also it was nicely explained during your request for 2 rooms as to why we were not able to offer 2 rooms at that time anyway allow me to explain again here:

During your visit at the time of inquiry only 2 family rooms were available rest all family as well as couple rooms were full as it was EID holiday, therefore as per your request we could not provide 2 rooms with only 2 guests in each of the family room.

We are glad you have praised our food. We hope you found our rooms clean and also our room service quick and very co-operative staff.

We hope you visit us in the future again and we promise we will deliver the best we can to make it a memorable trip!

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend at this hotel in Matheran. It is located very near to Market and has standard rates. I tried to bargain as I went in relatively off season, but they didnt reduce a single ruppee. If you want to book for two nights they book in Mumbai else for one night you need to take at spot availablity.

Overall hotel is nicely managed, it has a swimming pool with a small ride and is decently clean.
Adjacent garden had lot of jhoolas for relaxing. TT table was there but in bad shape.
Room was clean enough. There is a new wing constructed recently and rooms in that wing are better and expensive.
Bedding has scope for better maintainence and cleaning.

Matheran in general has 'with all meal packages' on offer. Gujarat Bhawan too has similar packages and is a pure veg hotel. We reached on saturday and had dinner and break fast and lunch on next day. Dinner had decent spread and was quite delicious. If I remember correctly it had soup, pav bhaji, chat items, veg sabji, papad, rice, khichadi, chapati, and ice cream as desert. After dinner hotel had organised a magic show and it was amazing.

Break fast too had quite a few options and lunch thali is also uncomparable. Food tasted toooo good. Apart from food taste, the enthusiasm with which waiters served food is appreciable.

I would like to recommend Gujarat Bhawan to all veggie and jain food lovers. This was one of my trips where I had all stomach full meals.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank YatharthRatadiya

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking out time to post a review of us on TripAdvisor.

It is lovely to hear from you. I am glad to know that you had a memorable stay at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my team. Feedback from guest’s like you motivates us to excel further.

Thank you for your generous compliments of the hotel and recommending the hotel to other Trip Advisor readers.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were group of 15 friends and we stayed for 1 and half day in non Ac rooms.Food and services are awesome, specially Gujarati food was very yummy. But room accessories like towels, bedsheets, pillows, blankets, mattresses are not up to the mark they could be better. Specially during the monsoon season they should provide good quality doormat to prevent the spreading of mud to all over the room. Swimming pool is large enough. Staffs are very humble and helpful. I could have rated excellent if all above things were proper. Overall descent and budgeted hotel. I'll again chose to stay over there.

Room Tip: Non Ac Room no. 2,3 and 4 are very large and has good veranda.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deepakoo7
Reviewed June 3, 2013

visited this place after almost 25 years as had some v.good memories about the hotel and of course Matheran.

Things have change since then, the place is a bit worned out though and needs some renovation.

nice play area/garden for kids where they can freely move around.

Also being closer to market (200 metres) & railway station (500 metres) is an advantage.

furthermore, some prominents points are closer (echo point 0.5 kms), Louisa point (2 kms) & sunset point (2kms)

And if you are a foodie, this is the place.

The hotel should probably have a decent rest room for guest who have checked out & are returning to pick their baggage.

Rooms are just ok but who wants to confine to the rooms in Matheran.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family