I had recently been for a couple of days to this hotel. Some quick points.
- Rooms are very clean as well as the carpet.
- Good amount of free space to walk alongwith so many fresh trees planted and very close to the forested area makes the view extremely beautiful.
- Sports Activities are good for amateurs and as well as for kids.
- The most important part of any trip is the food which is just superb and had it been a little closer to Mumbai would travel for the tandoori, khaman, dal, hara kabab etc.
- Room service is very fast.
- We were very late for the lunch but the two waiters serving four of us :P is too much. Even an attendant keeps track of that Monkeys do not come anywhere closer to the rooms or the dining area.
- Being a weekend we also had a nice magical show and discotheque.
Finally the biggest consideration is the cost which is very moderate for such a good place. Have been to the other good names like Richi rich now adamo and kumar plaza previously which look good but service is way too slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westend Hotel with 29 cottages and 2 tents are brimming with old world charm, what with their beautiful old British-style preserved architecture and spacious verandas. From the minute you step in, you almost wonder if such hotels exist. And to think, its mere 2 hours away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Tucked away in the forest, all you will see are the tree tops and hear only the sounds of the forest. The beautiful Lake Charlotte is just 10 minutes away as is the main bazaar and a few of the famous viewpoints. The sole aim of the hotel is to make you relax. Trek through the forest, amble along the natural red mud paths, take a horse ride to the various tourist attractions, play the numerous indoor-outdoor games, soak in the silence or just laze on the hammocks, there's enough and more to keep you busy for as long as your stay. And whatever you choose to do, you'll certainly leave with a rejuvenated mind. ... more less