“Old fashioned luxury”
Review of The Lakehouse Inn

The Lakehouse Inn
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant and patio on a previous visit to Geneva and decided this time to stay at The Lakehouse Inn for the weekend. The original building (circa 1950's) has been purchased and totally remodeled by the current owners to be the lovely Inn it is today. The rooms vary in size and price - we had the Lake Erie Suite which is one of the more expensive choices. It has windows that look out to the lake, a living room with a small kitchenette, and a large bedroom with a very comfortable king sized bed and jetted tub. There are 3 ceiling fans in the suite. The bathroom (toilet and shower) is tucked around the corner but plenty big enough - and the sink is in the bedroom itself. WiFi works well in the room. The only improvement that we might suggest is getting a flat-screened TV for a better picture. The location makes it easy to walk to the strip (Eddie's Grill and Madsen Donuts) or to The Lodge at Geneva. We were very pleased at how nice Geneva on the Lake looks and had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Book early. It is a very popular place.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ohio Traveller

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was really disappointed in the Lakehouse Inn. "Cottage" No. 1 was definitely not resort-like, but more like camp. Coffeepot dirty. No place to hang clothes in the bathroom. Ironing board under the bed. No place to hang up a dress. No AC in the bedrooms. Ceiling fans so low they were dangerous (Don't let kids stand on the bed!).. Warm water not hot water and cold at first. When I asked for help about finding the ironing board, the person was annoyed. When I complained about the coffee pot, the response was like "that's all? that's nothing." No written response to my email complaints. Definitely not worth the $209 plus tax. Maybe the other rooms are nicer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa J
Andrea B, Manager at The Lakehouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I have sent you several e-mails asking for you to contact me as I wanted to personally address your concerns. The cottages are set up that if you use any of the dishes, pots and pans, you should take care of them. Obviously the person before you missed the coffee pot. Our housekeepers do check them, but found the carafe clean and they did miss the grounds and filter that were there. They have added this to their daily checklist so no one else will have that happen. Needing a hook in the bathroom is a great suggestion and our head of housekeeping is going to have that taken care of. There is air conditioning, but not central air. The ceiling fans can only go as high as the ceiling is. I'm glad that you noted how clean everything was and how nice the location is. We all try to work hard to give everyone a great experience and was saddened that you did not enjoy yourself. I hope that you will try us again and come when you can sit back and relax at The Lakehouse.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have been to the wine country many times and stayed in a few different places. This was our first time to The Lakehouse Inn B&B.
I can only speak to Room #1 which is a king on the 1st floor of the Inn. It was cute, but too small of a room to jam a king bed into. There was just room to walk around the bed.
The worst part is the bathroom. It is a tiny, tiny, tiny space- it ran the length of the bedroom but was barely wide enough to stand sideways, let along try to get dressed. There is no counter space to put anything. The shower stall was of course also small, it was the full width of the room, but that's not saying much. We were there two nights and don't think we could have made it through a 3rd.
It is an older building and so not much (really nothing) in the way of sound proofing. I thought someone had brought a herd of elephants into the room above us at one point.
It is a bit too busy during the times the winery and restaurant are open. And parking is crazy - but the B&B has reserved spots (unless someone took it before the parking attendant started work). The parking attendant did a really good job of trying to manage that tiny lot.

The good points are:
It is nice property. The grounds are very nice and very nicely landscaped and maintained. It does sit right on Lake Erie. There are steps down to the lake. Not that anywhere on that shore has a beach, but you could swim if you really wanted to.
Breakfast was very good. It's served in the restaurant (as they are only open for dinner to the public) and every day had eggs, etc and each day had a special. Rotating between speciality pancakes or french toast. Both were wonderful.

Will we go back? Probably not. There are others place to try and some known favorites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vacation_addict_Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I had a great experience here. My favorite part was the location right on Lake Erie. They have tiered patio seating for both relaxing and their winery facing the water. I could sit out there all day and night! The staff at the wine tasting bar were fantastic and we bought a bottle of wine to relax with. Our first night we ate in the restaurant and were blown away by their perch dinner. I gave some of my perch to my husband because the dinner was more than I could eat. The 2nd night the restaurant was closed but the front desk staff referred us to a really good seafood restaurant near by. The waitresses for both dinner and breakfast were awesome and could not do enough for us. The breakfast was delicious. We chose to stay in their standard/traditional rooms (Room #3). When you are in an older home like this the bedrooms are small by most of today's standards but that being said the room was very comfortable...there was a dresser with an ice bucket and snacks on top plus some local tourist guest. There was a place to hang our clothes. They really try to pamper you with special touches like luxury bedding, upscale bath amenities, nice bath towels, Deneen Pottery, curved shower rod, etc. The room was very clean. We had a little bit of rain but the Common Area was very comfortable with chairs and couches to relax for a while. I will definitely return and would not hesitate to recommend a stay at the Lakehouse Inn.

3  Thank ohiobedandbreakfast
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to dinner on Saturday. Ordered the 1/2 chicken. $21.. Was not worth it. Was the size of a cornish game hen. Small menu, small portions, Big price. While waiting for our table went down to beach, it was littered. Would not go back.

2  Thank kathy15120
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I got married at the Lakehouse Inn in May and it was everything we could have hoped for. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and our families were cozy it the B&B. We stayed in the beach house and were blown away with how perfect it was for a romantic stay. The private balcony just added to the beauty of this location. The morning breakfasts are AMAZING! Several of our guests complimented that the lemon blueberry pancakes were the best they ever had. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly and went above and beyond for our special day. Andrea did an incredible job communicating with me and helping me plan every detail. This location is absolutely breathtaking for a wedding ceremony and the sunsets from the patio are stunning. The food at cocktail hour and our reception was delicious. Everyone had a great time!! :) We could not have been happier with how our wedding ceremony and reception went and HIGHLY recommend this place for an intimate wedding setting or even a romantic weekend getaway!! We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The beach house is the perfect location for a romantic weekend getaway. It's more private and ha...
6  Thank kloverox
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

When my husband and I decided to take a last minute getaway we searched the internet and we found The Lakehouse Inn. I am glad that we did; the staff is friendly, the Sunset room is perfect, the food is delicious. The Lakehouse Inn is a great place if you want to simply relax by the lake in early May. Their busy season begins soon.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva on the Lake
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
#1 of 2 in Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
#1 of 2 in Geneva

Been to The Lakehouse Inn? Share your experiences!