“HORRIBLE SERVICE!”
Review of The Lakehouse Inn

The Lakehouse Inn
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I come to Geneve-on-the-Lake at least three times a year and will never come to this winery again. I found a Living Social voucher and called before buying it. I spoke with Cheryl who GUARANTEED that I could rent the Beach House with an additional fee. When I called back to make the reservation they tell me Cheryl was wrong. I explained that the only reason I bought the voucher was because Cheryl told me I could rent the Beach House. This was also explained to Cheryl before purchase. After talking to two additional people I was refused booking of the Beach House. Thank you, I am not out $250. I will make it a point to tell everyone I know about this.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea B, Owner at The Lakehouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

I’m so sorry that we had an error in communication. I know that you were so excited about purchasing our special discounted package with Living Social to bring your husband here to enjoy some time away. When you called and asked if the Beach House was available for the dates you mentioned I did say yes. When you spoke about the Living Social you asked how much would it cost to upgrade to the Beach House and I told you $100. I’m sorry if I failed to communicate the rest of the information to you to understand that ONLY IF the Beach House was unoccupied when you arrived could you upgrade to that.

If you read the return policy stated on your voucher you will see that LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused escapes voucher for a full refund.

With sincerest apologies,
Cheryl Connors
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed there for a girls weekend. Everything was wonderful! The inn was comfortable and very clean. The food at their restaurant was excellent.would highly recommend it! We stay ther every summer. The deck overlooking the lake is so relaxing . Very convenient to have a winery on the premises.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our room was wonderful. Great view of the lake. The staff was able to answer our questions and give us recommendations. The food was among the best we'd ever had. A true "getaway" experience. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I'd recommend either room # 8 or the Beach House for the best views of the lake.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a wonderful & relaxing time - right on the shores of Lake Erie! Beautiful views, wonderful staff, great food and cozy. I am ready to go back. They have a wonderful staff, they have great service, a beautiful restaurant/bar overlooking the lake, beautiful patio. They serve you a full breakfast everyday and the food is very good. You can have the breakfast of the day or order whatever you want. It is close to all of the wineries located there but yet far enough away to be off the beaten path. Loved it!

Room Tip: I had a room with 1 King bed. A tight squeeze but OK if you are just sleeping there. You have a lot...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was our first stay at the Lakehouse Inn and found it to be outstanding! The suite was meticulously kept, beautiful views of the lake, and breakfast hearty and delicious. Staff was helpful and friendly. Had lunch at the Crosswinds where I understand they make their wine and wood fired oven for pizza - - very nice!

Will definitely make this a regular trip.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Lakehouse Inn is truly a relaxing getaway spot. We wanted to take a short vacation to wind
down before the holidays and this is the place to do it. The accomodations are great and the breakfast is super. All of the personnel are very pleasant and always trying to help you enjoy
your stay. This is our third stay at the Lakehouse and won't be our last. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: We have enjoyed Rooms 1 and 2--the King bedrooms. Very accessible.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Lake House is a Gem in Geneva on the Lake. The apple cide wine was fantastic, the food at the Crosswinds Grille was inviting and the inn was everything one would expect from a high end inn. The breakfast the next morning was beyond delightful and would highly recommend to anyone.

The only suggestion I would make would be mattress pads on the rather firm beds and a better selection of pillows. Wonderful time!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva on the Lake
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
Motel 6 Geneva
Motel 6 Geneva
#1 of 2 in Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Ashtabula-Geneva

Been to The Lakehouse Inn? Share your experiences!