“Trip to my home away from home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Geneva on the Lake
Anchor Motel and Cottages
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
“Trip to my home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently returned from another trip to thr Anchor. The hosts Phil and Kathy make you feel like you are at home with family. There attention to detail from spotlessly clean rooms to making sure you have enough sweetner to your complementary coffee (which is in your room) is the best I have ever experienced and I have travled coast to coast on business. They make you feel like you can not wait to get back. I am looking forward to my trip next week to visit with my friends. If you are going to Geneva on the Lake and you pass up the oppertunity to experiance there hospitality, you are missing out on a great experiance. And last but not least, ther ambassaber of good will, Copper, there dog.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Arthur K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Painesville Twp., Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay in Geneva on the Lake that was clean and close to the strip. I found the Anchor Motel and saw that it had just been remodeled. I made my reservation and was pleasently surprised when I checked in. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the rooms were nice and clean. The rooms were a little small. I will definitely be staying here again. Thanks for a nice stay!!!

Room Tip: Rooms did have refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave but no hairdryer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was desperate for a room in the area when I called the Anchor Motel. My son had qualified for a big swim meet at The Spire Institute in Geneva, and I had 5 days to find a room--in August! I talked to Phil, the owner, and he was able to squeeze us in, although we had to change rooms after the first night. But he promised to call me if there were any cancellations, and, sure enough, 2 days later I got a call from him telling me that he had a better arrangement for my family that would not require us to move. I was so grateful that he followed through on his promise! The rooms are small, but they are clean and in a very good location. I wouldn't have wanted to stay in the middle of the strip with two pre-teens. And I never heard any noise from either the adjacent rooms or outside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SharZ_11
Willowick, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We came here last year and had a great time. The owners are so nice and helpful. If there is anything you need and you ASK, they will do everything they can to help you out. They also know the strip better than anyone and you can get some great advice on where to eat/what to do. We stayed here last time and had a great experience and we had more of the same this year. You can see they care about making sure you have a good time. I cant wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: If you have a chance to get the newer cottages, do it. It may be more expensive and it may book up s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JasonO90
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband booked this place after reading all of these rave reviews. But really people, I am confused!!! All this about the rooms being clean. Our room was so dark, dated and small that I really couldn't tell if it was clean. We would not have been so upset if we paid $89 to stay there, but at $120...no way was it worth that. No maid service, no fresh towels, nothing to make it special. And to say it's been renovated??? We had a table beside our bed that had 2 doors on it with the glass panels missing. Everything in the room looked like someone's grandmother had used it 30 years ago and then donated it. The drawer on our dresser was broken, the microwave front was yellowed. Come on. If you have any type of high expectations after reading these reviews, please reconsider. If this is the best on the strip, you'd be better to stay home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dee M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our first trip to Geneva and staying at a motel! Gave the rooms a 4 star because they are small and outdated furniture. Also, bring blow drier and soap (small bar in room) Didn't realize motels don't provide. :) However, compared to some of the motels we passed this motel was one of the nicest on the strip. The rooms were clean. The motel is right at the start of the strip, not in the heart of the strip but that might have been a good thing with the late night partying!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jo-Ella M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place was awesome!!!! I will refer this place to everyone.... We had such a great time! The place was very clean, very well equipped, close to the lake & to the strip...If you had a bad experience I cant see how....

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva on the Lake
Ramada Austinburg/Ashtabula
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
The Lakehouse Inn
The Lakehouse Inn
#1 of 3 in Geneva on the Lake

Been to Anchor Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!