My husband and I just got back from an overnight anniversary trip to the lodge. It was excellent in every way!
The girls at reception were friendly and helpful, and everyone we encountered in Horizons restaurant went out of their way to make sure everything was great. We left a coat the the restaurant and they brought it right to us in the room. We also left a bottle of wine purchased in the lobby, and it was waiting right for us behind the reception desk. We don't always leave everything, haha.
The rooms were pretty basic, but we knew that ahead of time and the bed was comfortable. No issues at all. There is a keurig in the room which is a nice touch. We paid for a lake view but as little as we were in the room, we wouldn't even need it. I think if they really worked at updating the rooms the ratings would even be higher! It doesn't appear that there is a modern hotel in Geneva, so this could really boost their business. Going in November we weren't able to use the pool or beach, but I would think coming in the summer, we would need to stay a few nights to enjoy all they have to offer. It looks like the children's pool area is a lot of fun. Hiking would be really great in early fall or spring too!
There was a wedding the night we stayed there, and for the most part they stayed in the bar area, it didn't affect dinner at all. The food and drinks were amazing! Because we went in mid November, most of the bars and restaurant on the strip were closed so we didn't try to eat anywhere else. But that was just fine, the breakfast buffet in the morning was amazing! Everything you could want, chocolate muffins, an omlette station, etc. This isn't a run of the mill continental breakfast.
What we really loved about our stay was the wine shuttle. Don was our driver and was so fun, friendly and really tried hard to make it a great experience. You get on the bus with a group of 12-14 and stay out about 5 1/2 hours. I would go as early as possible (we did the noon shuttle) because then you can come back to your room to freshen up and have dinner at horizons. Don agreed at the end to drop our group back off at the bourbon distillery because we thought it was the best place. (You go to 4 wineries but there is a new bourbon distillery that he wanted us to try. Their mixed drinks were amazing and nobody wanted to leave). The wineries we went to were all amazing actually...He them went out of his way to pick us back up at 730! He worked so hard with a great attitude and said he has a 13 hour day. He loves his job. He deserves to be mentioned here! This is something that everyone should try.
I have a feeling we will be coming back to the lodge every anniversary from here on out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio's wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from seasonal specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options! With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services; The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20+ wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake's nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park's beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio