The guest rooms at the Lodge are nicely-furnished, with an armchair & desk w/ chair in the king bed rooms. The bed was comfy, albeit with foam pillows. The bathroom had marble tile on the floor, a curved shower board, and a Keurig coffee maker. We had a balcony room with a beautiful view of the pool and lake. The balcony had two chairs and a small table, perfect for relaxing, but partially unusable on the warm day we visited due to the warm exhaust from the in-room AC.
We ate at the restaurant (Horizons) for dinner and breakfast and enjoyed both meals. The restaurant is pretty, with views of the lake, and the menu had a nice variety. We particularly enjoyed the wine list, with nice choices of both Ohio and non-Ohio wines at reasonable prices. The breakfast buffet was particularly inventive, with made to order omelets with interesting cheeses, potato pancakes, and pancakes stuffed with apples.
The grounds are very pretty, with a pool, playground, and a short walking trail along the lake. It's also easy to walk from the Lodge into town.
The only real downside was the wireless Internet. It was slow when we arrived, very slow at 10pm, and broken the next morning. We don't know if this was a one-time event or a common occurrence, but if you need reliable Internet access you might want to check more reviews to see if Internet issues are mentioned. We definitely found this frustrating and is the primary reason we can't give a five-star review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio's wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from seasonal specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options! With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services; The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20+ wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake's nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park's beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio