“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crosswinds Grille

Crosswinds Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Crosswinds Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in wood-fired farm to table cuisine. Our chefs work closely with local farmers to create seasonal menus featuring the freshest ingredients available.Whether it is a birthday or anniversary celebration or a romantic dinner for two, Crosswinds Grille is the perfect setting! Stop by and enjoy a delicious meal along with fine wines and a spectacular view of Lake Erie!
Concord, Ohio
“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Beautiful restaurant on the water. Food was good, waitress was very friendly and attentive. I ate crab cakes and my husband had pizza...both were tasty.

The bed and breakfast associated with the restaurant is awesome. We didn't stay at the B&B because we are locals but it has a lot to offer.

We will definitely go back to the restaurant

• Visited August 2014
Cheryl-LakehouseInn, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Marilyn,

I am so glad that you discovered us as we hear from locals all the time that they didn’t know that we were here! I am also so pleased that your experience has you anticipating a return! Thank you so much for your kind words, I will be sure to pass them on!

Avon Lake, Ohio
“Menu items not available”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Had a 6:45 reservation, brought out-of-state guests for the specialty featured perch. All 6 ordered perch, waitress returned, "all out of perch". So we ordered the lamb chops, "all out of lamb chops". The 32 oz steak was readily available. They start serving at 5 pm, it was 6:50, ended up with a pizza. When I was given the take-home pizza box it was stained with oil. I asked for a clean one which was provided, but was told it wasn't really dirty, it was only used to carry pizzas outside during the afternoon. I think they are trying to be upscale, but are lacking.

2 Thank 820AmyD
Cheryl-LakehouseInn, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Amy,

I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in not getting your perch or lamb chops. Unfortunately, we are constrained on how much perch is available at this moment because of the algae blooms that are affecting the western end of Lake Erie. The nets that the fishermen are using become coated with the algae and when that happens, the fish “see” the nets and avoid them. Our fishmonger has not been able to provide us with as much fresh Lake Erie perch that we typically order. We are hoping they can rectify this, but at the moment we are at the mercy of what is happening with our Lake. And in the case of the lamb chops, we are working with the farmers so that when we purchase lamb, we purchase whole lambs which only have so many lamb chops on them. This helps the farmer so that when he prepares lamb for purchasing; the whole lamb is used and it helps sustain the farm and nothing is wasted. Unfortunately, the week that you came there must have been many people ordering the perch and lamb chops which caused us to run out of these popular dishes. We do explain on our on-line menu and the one in the restaurant that item availability is subject to change because of the variables that we have happening.

As for the pizza box, please accept my sincere apologies. That box should not have been offered to you. We offer pizzas in both the restaurant and on the outer decks and the pizzas are delivered to the lower decks in a box so that the winds off the Lake don’t cause it to be cold upon delivery. Your server grabbed this box by mistake. We have definitely taken steps so that this box is clearly marked so that this never occurs again.

To ensure that your next dining experience is the best, I welcome you contacting me to check on the availability of any item that is shown on the menu. We are trying our best as a farm to table restaurant to work with our farmers and fisherman to offer the best, freshest, local foods available in a casual atmosphere and I hope you will come and try us another night and enjoy a delightful meal on the shores of our lovely Lake Erie.
Grove City, Ohio
“A nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

The restaurant and surroundings were wonderful. The menu was awesome and our food was fabulous! All staff were warm and friendly.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank brown139
Thank you so much for sharing your nice comments! We think our staff is pretty great too and I am so happy to hear that you were treated so well and of course that you enjoyed the food and the surroundings! I hope you get a chance to return again soon to enjoy another terrific experience! I will pass on your kind words to our staff! Have a great summer!
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Hmmm...I think the food was not quite as refined as we wanted it to be...it was good...but something was missing. The plates weren't pretty...I think I wanted people to be more dressed for dinner...we were but we were smushed in with tie dye tees and neon tees...the food sounded better than it was...for local foods...I wanted snazzy local foods and it was just ordinary...for example...my green beans...although local and beautiful...were too raw...they tasted raw...my local steak was fatty...the kind of fat that was whitish and grisly...my potatoes were just a clump...so...everything tasted good but didn't look that lovely. I feel really badly about the three stars but I really think the restaurant needs to be addressed...tightened up a bit.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank pattyden2
Cheryl-LakehouseInn, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Patty,

As always, we welcome feedback as we are positive that it helps us to grow and improve, so thank you for taking the time to do so. As to your fellow diners that were more casual dressers, we like to tell people that the atmosphere is casual while the dining is a little more upscale as we use nice linens and tableware. We are in a tourist area so we have not set any kind of dress code as people on vacation tend to be a little more relaxed and casual. I have also told people when asked that you may find someone in a t-shirt and shorts but next to them may be a bride in her gown! We have such an eclectic mix that come and dine with us. We are also very much a farm to table restaurant where we do try to serve as much local food as we possibly can and I am happy that you enjoyed the taste of everything. What your comments bring to us is that a prettier plate would be more eye appealing and welcome. So thank you for the food for thought and hopefully when you come again, you will find not only delicious food but a visual delight as well.
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Nice place, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

There aren't a lot of nice places to choose from in Geneva-on-the-Lake (lots of hamburger stands and the like) so we decided to try the Crosswinds Grille for a change. I had the margherita pizza, which was very, very good. We also enjoyed the cheese and fruit appetizer. Others in my party had the fried perch, which they said was just so-so. It's a nice clean place, good views, nice wine selection. Our server was bored, inattentive, and brought me a dirty, used box to put my leftovers in, then said he didn't think it mattered when I brought it to his attention that it had remnants of melted cheese and crumbs in it. But the other servers seemed more attentive, so maybe this guy was just having a bad day. I would go there again.

• Visited August 2014
Cheryl-LakehouseInn, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for coming to visit and also taking the time to write about your experience here. After reading your review and what occurred with your server, we immediately went to our team over this because this is NOT acceptable to us either and we have taken steps to make sure that this does not happen to anyone else! I hope that you will please accept our apologies and when you come back again we will wow you with the views, wine and great service too!