“Best food in northeast ohio”
Review of Crosswinds Grille

Crosswinds Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Crosswinds Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Specializing in wood-fired farm to table cuisine. Our chefs work closely with local farmers to create seasonal menus featuring the freshest ingredients available.Whether it is a birthday or anniversary celebration or a romantic dinner for two, Crosswinds Grille is the perfect setting! Stop by and enjoy a delicious meal along with fine wines and a spectacular view of Lake Erie!
“Best food in northeast ohio”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had the pleasure of finding this hidden little gem last . We had the spicey seafood pasta ( absolutly amazing) and the woodfire grilled pork chop. We were very impressed with the perfectly grilled pork chop (local) and whipped fall squash. We can't wait to come back and try more things on the menu. Highly recomended

• Visited September 2013

Willoughby, Ohio
“Great view of lake, lots of windows, beautiful place!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent! I has strip steak and husband had shrimp linguine. Kids had pizza. All great. Atmosphere was relaxing and had great views of the lake. Would definitely go back again. Had nice beach access/patio in the back.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, CA
“Wonderful Evening!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I took my parents here for their wedding anniversary while visiting from out of town. I wanted to take my parents someplace new more higher end than what is offered in their neighborhood.

I made dinner reservations in advance, and was glad we did. There was a wedding party that was set for the restaurant so it could have been interesting. Even with the horrible weather in late May, the atmosphere inside the restaurant was warm and cozy with windows everywhere. I can only imagine what this place would look like when the sun is out!

Our waitress was super friendly and helpful describing the food, answering questions, providing suggestions. She was patient with our questions about the the food and also about the B&B, winery, and the restaurant that make up the complex. She never tried to rush us with our dinner or questions.

My parents and I all enjoyed our food very much! My parents loved their steak (filet and strip steak) and I loved my fish. Everything was fresh and tasty! I also enjoyed the wine tastings. They source a lot of their food from local farmers which I always like.

Prices a tad higher than you would expect in Ashtabula County or Lake County, but I thought very worth the price for food. I liked this place so much I bought a friend who lives in the area a gift card here for her birthday.

Next time I am home visiting my parents, I will be sure to check out Crosswinds Grille. And hopefully it will be sunny out as well to enjoy the beautiful gardens around the restaurant and B&B.

• Visited May 2013
Canfield, Ohio
“Great dining, excellent venue”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very good meal. Grass-fed steak from Millers in Kinsman, Grilled Shrimp, excellent Crab Cake. Chef Nate does a very good job and takes great pride in sourcing local vendors for seasonal produce and local raised meats.
Beautiful venue. Well worth the trip. The Inn is also very nice, they book well in advance.
We'll def be back

• Visited August 2013
Streetsboro, Ohio
“Nothing special”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

First things first- this restaurant is closed on Tuesdays for dinner. Plan accordingly.

Of course, we (two other women and myself) came to GOTL on a Tuesday expecting to eat dinner here after winery hopping all day. We settled for lunch.

It was around noon, and the place must have just opened because we were one of two occupied tables. The service was still slow. It's nice inside, though. Good views of the lake.

The menu is RIDICULOUSLY limited. Like, maybe twenty items. Maybe. We ordered- one woman asked if she could have a burger medium rare. The waitress said she would ask the chef and let her know; she just put the order in. The burger came out well done, so she sent it back. It came out well done for a second time.

If you can't cook the burger medium rare, don't cook it well done and serve it. Let the customer know so he/she can order something else off of your very limited menu.

I ordered a personal pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. Way too much cheese, and I love cheese.

Verdict: A bit overpriced. Ridiculously limited menu. Slow service, even when nobody else is there. Good views of the lake. There appears to be a nicer dinner atmosphere- when they're open for dinner. Just go somewhere else.

Visited August 2013
Andrea B, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us. I’m so sorry that you booked for a time that the restaurant is closed. They are only closed one night a week (May through September) and the staff really needs that one night off to regenerate and be ready for the next week and that is also when we deep clean to keep our restaurant spic and span. The only reason you were eating in the restaurant building was because of the weather. During the warm summer months, the winery serves on the lower deck closer to the water; but when the weather turns cold or rainy, they move into the restaurant up above on the bluff. The winery menu is limited accordingly because of eating outside and the staff having to carry those items up and down the stone steps from the decks below to the restaurant kitchen above. It was also designed for a more relaxed, informal lunch period. I am sorry that your burger was over done, I’m not sure what happened there but will make sure that the kitchen sees your remarks so that they can make necessary changes and adjustments to make sure everyone’s food experience is optimal. I’m also not sure what happened that caused you to feel that the service was too slow. But again, your comments are appreciated so that we can fine tune our staff to be the best they can be. Thank you for your nice comments about our restaurant, the views and the atmosphere. I hope you will come and visit us again and give us a chance to enjoy a quiet and relaxed lunch along Lake Erie.