Piero's Pasta House
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Hello, I just wanted to add my highest recommendation for Piero's pasta house. I am a self confessed pasta junkie, and have become fed up over the years with the majority of the fast food type, chain Italian restaurants. In Piero's I've found my desert oasis. The wonderful atmosphere is only bettered by the food and service! I was treated like family and fed even better! Pasta is cooked perfectly al dente, with a wide variety of the freshest ingredients used. The chef is a true master of his art, and very personable as well. He puts his heart and soul into every meal. Their operation is run by him and his wife, who made me feel as welcome as can be. It's a wonderfully efficient place with attentive, caring service and even better food. Highlights for me are the pasta with cream sauce, and roasted garlic spinach ravioli. I have been to Italy three times and prefer the food here to anything I've had over there. Anyone in it for the generic olive garden experience should look elsewhere. For those with a real passion for pasta, this is the place to be. So glad to have found this gem of a restaurant. In me, they'll have a customer for life!

1  Thank StephenReno

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Piero's Pasta House is a true Italian experience! Cozy atmosphere, friendly people and most importantly Amazing high quality Italian food! Gian puts his heart and soul into every dish of food he makes! You can truly taste his love for cooking in every bite! My favorite dish is the pasta with cream sauce and Italian sausage. Yumm! Bring your family and your friends to Piero's for your next night out! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This seasonal gem is typically open from Mother's day weekend through October.

Gian and Cindy opened in 1997 with the vision of serving five star food in an affordable setting, and they have succeeded.

If your dining experiences must have a climate controlled environment and a staff with rehearsed lines and starched linen and crystal, this may not be for you. If you want an experience in which, even as a stranger, you feel you are dining with neighbors and friends, then come on over. Gian is intense, (it takes passion to make those fabulous dishes from scratch) and it can get a bit warm in the summer, but who cares!? The food is fabulous, and the atmosphere is fun. The disposable plates are part of the experience. I scanned a few reviews that stated that this restaurant was "high priced".... Which begs the question: "...compared to what?")

My husband and I always look forward dining here. As it can get busy on weekends, we typically choose a Thursday or even a Wednesday. It is cash only, so come prepared and enjoy a wonderful experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Electric, inviting and amusing! I have been living in Chicago for 7 years and eating here for over 13 years. I am a little puzzled by the review made by Robin B, from Geneva. What a loss to not go back because it isn't up to her yuppie standard! I've been to a multitude of 5 star restaurants in the heart of Chicago and nothing compares to JP's at Geneva on the Lake. I feel so at home and impressed, with every meal I eat at this truly amazing establishment. I have driven 400 miles just to experience Piero's for a weekend...it is that delicious, and fresh!

The tomato basil pasta is a savory staple, and I still have not found anything that can blow my taste buds away like his mussels. If you express a preference in a dish, he can customize it based on the fresh ingredients he has. They have a decent wine selection and the staff are very personable and professional with fast service. The dining and decor fit the atmosphere of a small scale restaurant, and I just can't say enough about the phenomenal food. I am anxious to get back here again. I highly recommend this place to anyone who has a true appreciation for food and wants to experience a unique and memorable eating experience.

1  Thank Mariah R
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was by far the best Italian food I have had in a long time. There were eight of us at the table and every single one of us loved our food. The Chef/Owner personally took our order and we got to watch him make our food which added to the whole experience. If you are looking to have a great Italian dinner this is the place to go!

1  Thank Kristin P