“Dinner and breakfast”

Horizons Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Horizons Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Horizons Restaurant is a signature water front dining experience at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake. From the striking, glass-enclosed octagonal dining room with spectacular Lake Erie views, to a local menu of classic American cuisine, Horizons presents Ohio Wine Country dining at its finest.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I wasn't impressed with the offerings on the dinner menu. The breakfast buffet was really good however. The restaurant staff was luke warm at best for both experiences.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Loved the time we spent there. Complete restful relaxing It was our 43rd wedding anniversary. The horizons resturant. Excellent food and service. The pool and hot gun indoors and out very nice. Walks around the lake awesome. Grounds clean and beautiful. It was quiet. Loved that it accommadates dogs and treats everyone with respect.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

not much choices, out of special early,a bit pricey . We pretty much went of premises to eat and that was at Eddies on the strip. Can only eat so many burgers,hot dogs and fries

1  Thank georgia s
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were visiting the area and stopped at the lodge for lunch. I had the wedge salad with onions, cherry tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese and lots of cashews. It was a perfect portion and delicious. My dining partner had the fish and chips. the fish was quite good and the substituted sweet potato fries were really tasty, crunchy and didn't need any salt. Recommended.

1  Thank Lis K
Daisy H, Guest Relations Manager at Horizons Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Lis K-

Thank you so much for this relevant review. We're glad you enjoyed some of the items on our new Summer Menu. Our executive Chef has worked hard to 'trim the fat' off of our offerings, giving guests the best menu options featuring some delicious local products. We look forward to serving you again at Horizons.

Sincerely, Horizons Staff

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I went here with 12 people for a mothers day brunch back in May. i waited this long to write the review because I was giving management ample time to respond. After speaking directly to the GM 3 days ago and being promised a return phone call which has not come, it is time to write this. We went here the last 2 years for brunch and it was in the actual restaurant. This past time, it was in the banquet hall which is just a big room with 4 walls, and no view of the water. we were not told it would be int he banquet hall when we booked. While our server was very good, many oft he food items were not filled when we went to the buffet (no bacon, no fruit, no potatoes, etc) and the fruit was never refilled while we were there. The one strawberry I did get was covered in mold. Several items were cold or lukewarm at best. This has not been our experience int he past. They also had fans on the floor for circulation which was pretty tacky. A few days passed by and I called the restaurant to talk with the manager Jeff about how bad I thought it was. He said he would send me some coupons int he mail for next time which is what i thought was fair. The coupons never came. I have made at least 5 call leaving voicemails and messages with people and every time I call i am told there is no manager there, but one would call me back. They never did. Finally, I spoke with the GM on the last Monday in July who assured me he would call me back in 2 days after he got to the bottom of the problem with Jeff. It's now 3 days with no call back. The GM also said they were going through a lot of management changes at the restaurant which is probably why I was not getting a call back. 12 people at about 30 bucks a person is a lot of money for brunch. I can not see us having brunch here again and suggest you consider other options since this place seems to be in a bit of chaos all summer with new help coming in.

2  Thank JFG0180

Jimmy-
I do apologize you did not feel our communication and follow-up in this matter was sufficient. As our General Manager mentioned on the phone, the first certificate that was mailed to you came back to us with the incorrect address and we no longer had your phone number on hand to reach out to you. I am sorry for this mishap and want thank you for calling back.

In speaking with our GM, he did say he would follow-up with you via Mail as requested, with the gift certificate we had previously sent; after touching base with our Food & Beverage Director in two days time. This was done on time, though the envelope may have not have reached your home yet. Our apologies that you and he walked away from that call with differing 'follow-up' expectations.

This is the first you have mentioned there being any issue with the fruit during your visit and we’re wondering why that is. We certainly would not offer items that are non consumable and I apologize if you felt this is what you found. I can assure you that our food products are served fresh and are well maintained. We are a Serve-Safe qualified location with annual training on food safety and service. Products are obtained regularly, as you can imagine, with so many events taking place we are re-stocking constantly. We resent the implication that an item may have been served as you mentioned in your comment.

We take the utmost pride in the quality of not only the food and service at our facility, but in the well kept buffets we provide at our holiday events. We have a full staff that does replenish the items on our buffet throughout the event from start to finish. We always prepare an abundant amount of offerings and it benefits us to put all of those items out for guests regularly. We are also happy to locate an item for guests if it cannot readily be found on the buffet table.

Our Mother's Day Brunch is a grand event with a lavish display of many different items. This event does take place in the Ballroom each year, with one exception when there was another event taking place in the ballroom; resulting in the event moving to the restaurant that year. The ballroom provides an abundant amount of space for an event of this magnitude, allowing guests the comfort and leisure seating space to dine with many family members as this is a widely attended event for large families.

While we did hire new management prior to the summer season, we have a strong team in place to run our facility and events with our full attention and dedicated professionalism. I certainly hope you take the opportunity to visit again with the certificate offered for your inconvenience and the time taken on our part to reach out to you. I recommend our new Summer Menu in Horizons with delicious new items. We will also be offering new menu items for the upcoming Holiday Buffets in the ballroom and look forward to seeing your family again.

As you mentioned, this experience was not reminiscent of past experiences at our holiday buffets and we appreciate you saying so. We hope you will be reminded how enjoyable our buffets can be with family as you, and our events, are important to us and are serviced with passion and care all year long.

Warm Regards, Horizons Staff