“Fun and Fabulous”

Old Firehouse Winery
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An eclectic winery and restaurant on the famous entertainment strip in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio's first Summer Resort. Located with a view of Lake Erie, the large, meandering patio provides the setting for nightly summer entertainment. Lots of special events and kid friendly. Full bar service in summer at the "Sunset Bar".
Denver, CO
“Fun and Fabulous”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This summer I visited Geneva on the Lake in Ohio. My goal was to see Lake Erie, have lunch and browse the town. I immediately found the Old Firehouse Winery. The food was good (chicken ceasar salad) the wine immpeccible (reisling) but the service was just adequate. The food portions are HUGE and worth eating. The wine is inexpensive and yummy. You have several choices for seating. You can sit in an old gazebo, on the patio, on a deck or inside the old firehouse.

1 Thank jefforbarb

Frederick, Maryland
“[--]”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My family and I went to this winery and we will never go again. The service and food was awful. It took an hour and a half to get our food and when the food came it did not come out at the same time. I finished my meal before anyone at the table even got their food. I will drink just about anything but this wine was NOT GOOD. My Uncle smelled the perch from the tray before they set it down. Very fishy and hard. An ice cream sundae was brought to the table completely melted except for a small piece of ice cream in the middle which was freezer burnt. I did not think it was possible to screw up cheese fries but they did. I like greasy food but this was bad. One inch deep at the bottom. The baked potato tasted like it had been cooked all day and could've been used as a weapon. The Ceaser Salad...well it was just bad. The last to arrive at the table was a taco salad. Yes folks, a freaking hour and a half for a taco salad. We all went home to eat another meal because we could not possibly eat this excuse for food save yourself the torture. The only enjoyment it brought was the laughs and conversation on the way home about how horrible it was. Way disappointed, but hey the surrounding wineries are good and Ferrante has good food.

3 Thank katiekowal
Cleveland, Ohio
“Bitter taste”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I have been frequenting the Firehouse for years and have never had such foul wine. I was with family and we stopped for a couple bottles of wine. We purchased a bottle of red raspberry and a bottle of blackberry wine and both tasted like mold. Even when mixing the wine with a clear soda it made no difference. It was a waste of approximately $33.00. I am sure we will go again but not until next summer.

2 Thank shellzbellz2
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always fun!”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Great wine, good food and loved the entertainment and of course the
lake in the backround... love it!

Moorhead, Minnesota
“Fun”
Reviewed August 28, 2008

This is an outdoor restaurant with a view of Lake Erie. It is located at the Old Firehouse Winery. The menu is vast with sandwiches, salads, steaks, pasta and Mexican selections. There is nothing fancy about this place. It is super casual with solid hearty food. On summer weekends, it is a hopping place with music. It is seasonal so call ahead to see if a full menu is offered. Prices are very reasonable. You may order any of the wines made there by the glass or bottle to have with your dinner. For $5, you may try small cups of over a dozen wine samples to have with your meal. There are two flights of these tasting trays. Fun!