“The best thing about this restaurant is the view.”

Old Firehouse Winery
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An eclectic winery and restaurant on the famous entertainment strip in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio's first Summer Resort. Located with a view of Lake Erie, the large, meandering patio provides the setting for nightly summer entertainment. Lots of special events and kid friendly. Full bar service in summer at the "Sunset Bar".
Ohio
“The best thing about this restaurant is the view.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We visited this restaurant while on a day trip to Geneva-on-the-Lake. The best thing about this place is the view of Lake Erie. It sits on a bluff, overlooking the lake. Outdoor seating consists of finding yourself a place to sit at one of the many picnic tables. Even though it was not busy on a Monday night, the service was fairly slow. We enjoyed the wine that we ordered, but it was served in small, flimsy plastic cups. Our food was fair. I ordered a sandwich, and my husband ordered a salad. As soon as our food arrived we were fighting off bees-they were around us constantly. I might go back on a nice evening for drinks, but I would go elsewhere to eat.

1 Thank ShaninOhio

Hudson, Ohio
“The view is nice!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Took my family here for my daughter-in-laws birthday. The first time in three years we all got together. Read up on the website, looked like a nice place for a nice dinner and view. We drove the 1-1/2 hour to go. I am handicapped, no one tried to help us find a seat. We went inside and asked about eating inside and were told there were no servers working inside. REALLY?!? We finally found a picnic table to sit at next to the stage. As I said I am handicapped. My daughter-in-law went and got me a chair to sit in. Service was so slow. The appetizers came out quickly. They only serve beer and wine. You can take a small walk down a sidewalk to a little stand that sells alcohol and bring it back to your table. Yeah, I want to take my family out to dinner and then go fetch my own drinks. It was quicker anyway! The waiter kept saying our food was coming but after over an hour it did not. We asked for the manager. The waiter said the kitchen is too busy handling the parties that were booked there, and could not handle the regular customers. The view of the sunset was very nice. My grandson liked running around on the grass just next to our table. Be aware, there is only one bathroom per gender. And I mean ONE bathroom not one bathroom with numerous facilities in it, ONE BATHROOM! Being handicapped, I did not appreciate standing in line. I wasn't at a concert!! Might go back for drinks and appetizers, but definitely not dinner!! Oh, I got the perch, It was NOT lake perch. It was way too big a piece of fish and tasted fishy!! We took our stuff to go because it was so late and everyone could smell the fish in the car. Not good!!

1 Thank Drene
Pittsburgh
“Poor service”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We never actually got seated. The service was bad, it was self seating so no one really tried to help us get a seat so we just left

Visited August 2012
Indianapolis
“good wine”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

the service was slow, but had live music and great view. The food is fairly good for the price. You could buy a bottle of wine and they would cork the leftover so you could take it with you.

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Only A Small Step Up From Bar Food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Visited Geneva on the Lake for the first time with my family this week. Had dinner at The Old Firehouse Winery and it was the worst meal of our trip. Basically the food tasted like it was just heated up frozen food. The service was average. 2 adults and 2 small children and our bill was $60! Definitely, not worth it.

HInt: Best meal of the trip... Piero's Pasta. Not much to look at from the outside but the food was really good.