“Not so great this time.”

Old Firehouse Winery
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An eclectic winery and restaurant on the famous entertainment strip in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio's first Summer Resort. Located with a view of Lake Erie, the large, meandering patio provides the setting for nightly summer entertainment. Lots of special events and kid friendly. Full bar service in summer at the "Sunset Bar".
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband & I travel to Geneva on the Lake several times and we love to go to the Old Firehouse Winery. We always have a good time, but not this visit!! Everything was good, except our waitress. We ordered some wine and an appetizer, which we received after a long wait. We were going to order more food, but never got the chance!!! Our waitress came over and said she was done for the evening, and we needed to pay our bill now. I asked if someone else was going to take over her tables and she said yes, then she stood at our table waiting for us to pay her!!!!!! How rude!!!! And guess what? No one ever came back to see if we needed anything else!!! I did speak to the manager, but that was just a waste of my time!!!! Not sure if I will go back again!!!

4  Thank betty2203

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We took our 2 toddlers and had a great time dancing to the live music! Tons of awesome food choices and large serviings at a very affordable price! Highly recommend visiting here, plus the ferris wheel was great fun! :)

Reviewed July 7, 2011

If you are into relaxing with a drink, catching-up with some friends all the while being in a crowd of people, this is the place to be. Although they create their own wines, they are not the best wines available in this region. DON'T come here for the wines along, but instead come here for some fun and a little wine on the side.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We have been visiting Geneva on the Lake for years, and have usually visited the winery for a bottle of wine during sunset (which I highly reccomend). The service has always been mediocre, as it was when we recently visited. We ordered appetizers (Buffalo Shrimp and Veggie Quesadilla), both were good.. If you expect fine dining, you should probably look elsewhere. If you are looking for outdoor seating, live music, drinks and beautiful views, this is a great place.

1  Thank PittsburghBeachgal
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This was literally one of the worst dining experiences I have had in some time. First, the waitress only came to bring us our drinks once(sat empty over 25 minutes), then our "meals", then at the end of our meals she brings the check and a refill of drinks. My friend spilled some of her drink on the table and had to wave down the same waitress to ask her for more napkins to clean it up....got them 15 minutes later.

The food was another story....$9.00 for a wrap/sandwich and $10.50 if you want fries...I knew when I saw that it was a rip-off....I don’t mind spending $10.50 if its worth $10.50. I also noticed when we sat outside they didn’t even serve wine in glasses but plastic cups....

Save yourself the time and money....avoid this place like the plague.

5  Thank mdm4sfest