“Bad food, bad service, bad experience!!!!”

Old Firehouse Winery
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An eclectic winery and restaurant on the famous entertainment strip in Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio's first Summer Resort. Located with a view of Lake Erie, the large, meandering patio provides the setting for nightly summer entertainment. Lots of special events and kid friendly. Full bar service in summer at the "Sunset Bar".
Lakewood, Ohio
“Bad food, bad service, bad experience!!!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This was literally one of the worst dining experiences I have had in some time. First, the waitress only came to bring us our drinks once(sat empty over 25 minutes), then our "meals", then at the end of our meals she brings the check and a refill of drinks. My friend spilled some of her drink on the table and had to wave down the same waitress to ask her for more napkins to clean it up....got them 15 minutes later.

The food was another story....$9.00 for a wrap/sandwich and $10.50 if you want fries...I knew when I saw that it was a rip-off....I don’t mind spending $10.50 if its worth $10.50. I also noticed when we sat outside they didn’t even serve wine in glasses but plastic cups....

Save yourself the time and money....avoid this place like the plague.

• Visited May 2011
5 Thank mdm4sfest

Denver, CO
“Fun and Fabulous”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This summer I visited Geneva on the Lake in Ohio. My goal was to see Lake Erie, have lunch and browse the town. I immediately found the Old Firehouse Winery. The food was good (chicken ceasar salad) the wine immpeccible (reisling) but the service was just adequate. The food portions are HUGE and worth eating. The wine is inexpensive and yummy. You have several choices for seating. You can sit in an old gazebo, on the patio, on a deck or inside the old firehouse.

1 Thank jefforbarb
Frederick, Maryland
“[--]”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My family and I went to this winery and we will never go again. The service and food was awful. It took an hour and a half to get our food and when the food came it did not come out at the same time. I finished my meal before anyone at the table even got their food. I will drink just about anything but this wine was NOT GOOD. My Uncle smelled the perch from the tray before they set it down. Very fishy and hard. An ice cream sundae was brought to the table completely melted except for a small piece of ice cream in the middle which was freezer burnt. I did not think it was possible to screw up cheese fries but they did. I like greasy food but this was bad. One inch deep at the bottom. The baked potato tasted like it had been cooked all day and could've been used as a weapon. The Ceaser Salad...well it was just bad. The last to arrive at the table was a taco salad. Yes folks, a freaking hour and a half for a taco salad. We all went home to eat another meal because we could not possibly eat this excuse for food save yourself the torture. The only enjoyment it brought was the laughs and conversation on the way home about how horrible it was. Way disappointed, but hey the surrounding wineries are good and Ferrante has good food.

3 Thank katiekowal
Cleveland, Ohio
“Bitter taste”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I have been frequenting the Firehouse for years and have never had such foul wine. I was with family and we stopped for a couple bottles of wine. We purchased a bottle of red raspberry and a bottle of blackberry wine and both tasted like mold. Even when mixing the wine with a clear soda it made no difference. It was a waste of approximately $33.00. I am sure we will go again but not until next summer.

2 Thank shellzbellz2
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always fun!”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Great wine, good food and loved the entertainment and of course the
lake in the backround... love it!