“one of the oldest hotel in jabalpur”
Review of Samdareeya Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jabalpur
Samdareeya Hotel
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Jabalpur
Ahmedabad, India
“one of the oldest hotel in jabalpur”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

ok...just ok... rooms too old ... not at all good... but only advantage is that it is located in the miidle of the city.. walking distance to the city... russel chowk where you get everything .... walking distace to mall and theatre.

Room Tip: can take any room. hotel is just ok
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Delhi
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is not a hotel. Its a dharmshala at most. The room is filthy, damp. Toilet is full of foul smell. FYI the room we booked was the most expensive room of the hotel, except the Maharaja suite! The drain water backflows into commode. We prebooked the hotel thru' cleartrip and I think this is the biggest mistake I have ever done during holidaying. We paid for an extra bed. They gave us one damaged mattress. The manager at reception is not ready to listen that other hotels really provide extra bed if paid for. We didn't dare to take dinner or lunch from it coz we tried the breakfast and it was another experience. We asked for simple bread butter. They don't have butter too. They put one spoon of ghee in butter! I will never go by a clear trip review. They misguide people.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank AMLANM

Travelers are raving about these Jabalpur hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I rated this hotel as a 4 - Very Good simply because Good was not an option. I can not say this is a 3 - Average because this hotel is one of the best that I've stayed at in a tier 2 city. It is definitely above average and very good when you compare it to the other hotels in Jabalpur and places like Bhopal. But if you compare it to Delhi, Mumbai, Goa then it is less than average.

That said I was really placed with my stay as I was in town for business. I only stayed one night but I found the room to be clean and comfortable. It was definitely old in the carpeting and furnishings - I'd estimate 15-20 years. It still has the odd switches on the nightstand and desk that control the lights and TV. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms were clean. The best thing was that the shower had plenty of hot water and the water pressure was great.

The breakfast was decent for hotel and Indian food. I've had better poha on the streets of Jabalpur but it was complimentary so I'm not complaining.

The price was very fair for the good accommodations. The hotel gave us a complimentary ride to our meeting which was near the train station. We inquired about a taxi to the airport and were told it was 600 Rs - this is actually a reasonable price because the airport is about a 30 minute ride outside of town.

All in all, I was satisfied with my stay and would definitely come back to this hotel if I return to Jabalpur. I think it would be hard to find anything better in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bhopal, India
Reviewed October 31, 2012

A decent Hotel in Jabalpur which otherwise lacks quality places. I have stayed here few times and most of the times my stay has been pleasant. Food (Strictly Only Vegetarian) is good, Service is OK (had no issues most of the time except once when I asked for toilet pack (I forgot to carry toothbrush during that particular visit) and was looked upon as if I have asked for heaven.
Rooms are decently sized, well maintained, neat and clean, so is bathroom - clean and fresh as compared to many other hotels in Jabalpur (not as per international standards).
I wonder when they are going to change old TV sets and install nice trendy LCD's.
Complimentary breakfast is also good with lot of options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Surat, India
Reviewed October 28, 2012

stayed their with family fo two days
good ambience,complimentry pick up & drop to railway station
breakfast on both days was excellent.
competitive rates and one can get good discount in lean season.
really liked it.