“Big Name No Value totally dissapointed”

Narmada Jacksons Hotel
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Jabalpur
“Big Name No Value totally dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had booked a room through yatra with them and paid in advance 10k when i reached there i was told that that i made a reservation in there other property far off city there manager some how changed it to the civil lines one then we were delighted to have breakfast which was of good quality but then when we were allotted room we were disappointed hence we ask them to upgrade us using the money in advance to a heritage suite which they did but the thing which shocked me was that they charged 15k per day along with my advance as room rent and for 2 days I ended up paying 50k, then I asked them to hire a vehicle for me for entire day when I came back for lunch I found out from the driver that they had sent him to the railway station to pick up there customer, I was highly disappointed and on complaining they were very arrogant about it, my personal opinion go for satya ashok these guys should mend there ways and they are not worth giving any chance. They have paid all the websites to show them number one hence no one publishes negative comments about them.

Room Tip: Dont let them hire a cab for you they will use it to entertain there guest on your money and they ar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LeoSingh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had booked a day earlier but they made the change without any fuss. Service was very good. Some of their food is excellent, but watch out for the Methi Mattar. Best place to stay in Jabalpur. Friendly staff and nice size room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Photowalla
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is near to Railway Station. But need to improve service and cleanness.

The hotel has good restaurant. We enjoyed the food. The quality of food is good.

Room service is average and need improvement.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank kp4434
Roorkee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Narmada Jacksons Hotel is a comfortable Hotel to stay. I had stayed on 9-10 April, 2013.
Check-in and check-out was smooth.
Food quality of good but much expensive as per standards of Jabalpur.
The washroom is far and upstairs to the restaurant, that seems to be awkward.
Breakfast is extremely tasty and full of varieties.

Room Tip: Do not opt for rooms located on left side, since a nearby residential apartment adds to discomfort a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brajesh23
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent just the one night at this Hotel. Room was good, comfortable bed and very good bathroom, clean and modern.

Reception staff were not very informative or welcoming.Have had better welcome at much cheaper hotels.

Restaurant staff were very efficient and the food was good if a bit expensive

Was amazed to be informed that the mandatory service charge added to my bill was not divided among the staff but kept by the hotel. Never come across this sharp practice in any of the many hotels stayed in over the past 10 years in India.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank inky50
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this property in Feb. 2013. Check-In was quick and efficient although it was 1am when I came in. To my surprise, I was offerred a cup of coffee or tea! Rooms are spacious although the A/c was a bit noisy. Comfy bed but a very small bathroom which didn't seem to be well maintained. I booked it through my mobile app of an OTA and hence availed a good rate but was not fully sure if it was worth the money. Breakfast was well spread although service at the restaurant was a bit slow (guess that's how smaller cities operate). While checking-out, the staff argued with me for small change which was a bit unprofessional. Overall a good stay but I wouldn't come back - there are probably more options in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TheShriram
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Unfortunately this is one of the few decent hotels in Jabalpur. Took me ages to make the booking and then get confirmation of payment due to a complete lack of communication from the hotel. Finally on the threat of a bad review on Tripadvisor I was able to get confirmation of them receiving my payment.

Due to Air India stuffing up my flights, I had to cancel my booking. In accordance with the hotels refund policy, I should have received a full refund. The hotel did not respond to any of my emails until I called them. Two weeks later, I still had no money transfered. Fortunately I was going through Jabalpur airport so I had to go personally to receive the money. Even then, I received INR 400/- less than I paid - The hotel claimed my bank had taken the money! I was glad to get the balance!

This review does not assess the in-house hotel service, as I did not stay there.

I would avoid dealing with them in future, although there is little competition in Jabalpur.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CockeyedObserver

Travelers are raving about these Jabalpur hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jabalpur
The Samrat
#7 of 26 in Jabalpur
7 Tigers Resort
7 Tigers Resort
#6 of 18 in Kanha National Park

Been to Narmada Jacksons Hotel? Share your experiences!