“Good Hotel but Management NOT supportive of staff”

Grand Heritage Narmada Jacksons
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Jabalpur
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent just the one night at this Hotel. Room was good, comfortable bed and very good bathroom, clean and modern.

Reception staff were not very informative or welcoming.Have had better welcome at much cheaper hotels.

Restaurant staff were very efficient and the food was good if a bit expensive

Was amazed to be informed that the mandatory service charge added to my bill was not divided among the staff but kept by the hotel. Never come across this sharp practice in any of the many hotels stayed in over the past 10 years in India.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank inky50

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this property in Feb. 2013. Check-In was quick and efficient although it was 1am when I came in. To my surprise, I was offerred a cup of coffee or tea! Rooms are spacious although the A/c was a bit noisy. Comfy bed but a very small bathroom which didn't seem to be well maintained. I booked it through my mobile app of an OTA and hence availed a good rate but was not fully sure if it was worth the money. Breakfast was well spread although service at the restaurant was a bit slow (guess that's how smaller cities operate). While checking-out, the staff argued with me for small change which was a bit unprofessional. Overall a good stay but I wouldn't come back - there are probably more options in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TheShriram
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Unfortunately this is one of the few decent hotels in Jabalpur. Took me ages to make the booking and then get confirmation of payment due to a complete lack of communication from the hotel. Finally on the threat of a bad review on Tripadvisor I was able to get confirmation of them receiving my payment.

Due to Air India stuffing up my flights, I had to cancel my booking. In accordance with the hotels refund policy, I should have received a full refund. The hotel did not respond to any of my emails until I called them. Two weeks later, I still had no money transfered. Fortunately I was going through Jabalpur airport so I had to go personally to receive the money. Even then, I received INR 400/- less than I paid - The hotel claimed my bank had taken the money! I was glad to get the balance!

This review does not assess the in-house hotel service, as I did not stay there.

I would avoid dealing with them in future, although there is little competition in Jabalpur.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CockeyedObserver
Reviewed January 24, 2013

quite good and comfortable hotel,offers all facilities and is located in the city near railway station.hotel provides pick up and drop facilities at railway station free of cost.its an old building well maintained and well managed. provides sumtuous buffet breakfast which is complementary and lunch n dinner on chargeable basis. the hotel has a room service from its fast food joint also,must try that.

Room Tip: all roooms are good
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank yogi s
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A nice property, little more than expectation,,reception staff were very resource full,room service could improve to match other overall services,,food in the morning breakfast was a treat to my us guest.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Kiran D
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked this hotel after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and talking to some local friends. To a large extent, the hotel provided a comfortable stay. The food -- both the complementary breakfast and the dinner we ordered, was excellent. So much so that on our return from Kanha, we stopped at Narmada Jackson again to have our lunch! I'd go back there again, if only for the food...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Geetanjali555
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Me and my friend frequently visit this place as we had lot of work in Jabalpur & Near by area. We stayed there for 3 days. Entrance is very good & so does the rooms although some of them do need renovation but overall good value for money

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business