I read up all the great reviews about this hotel before going ahead and booking it. I had no clue I am going to make one of the biggest mistakes in my life. I headed to Coorg, as a part of my first wedding anniversary and the moment I saw the building from the road, I realized that I shouldn't have booked it. Why not, the reasons are as below:
1) The parking space showed in images are actually non existent, it encroaches the main road.
2) The rooms are modest, with fans full of dust and cobwebs all over.
3) I saw a spider dangling from the roof to the bed
4) The dust bin was broken
5) The adjacent restaurant (Sahara, if I remember it right), was a nightmare. We had to regretfully leave at least half of the food we ordered at the table. We are vegetarians and the food was plain bad, but the price is at par with a decent restaurant.
5) Above all, there were at least 4-5 locals and car drivers at the reception and nearby areas, staring at you. This indeed gives you a feeling of insecurity, if you are going as a couple (with your wife)
6) The locks are fragile, which adds to the insecure feeling
1) The location is most convenient, as it is beside the road and very close to the main town
2) The bathroom was clean, though there is no geyser integrated. We had to get the warm water straight from the geyser and mix it up with the cold water.
I have images of all the issues raised here and all I can say is that stay away from this hotel unless you are going in a group. Though I booked for two days I checked out as fast as I could and checked in to Coorg International which was a pleasant experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Coorg Regency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.