“Bachelors yes, families no!”
Review of Coorg Regency

Coorg Regency
and 1 more site!
Coorg Regency
Ranked #210 of 303 Kodagu (Coorg) B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Bachelors yes, families no!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I read up all the great reviews about this hotel before going ahead and booking it. I had no clue I am going to make one of the biggest mistakes in my life. I headed to Coorg, as a part of my first wedding anniversary and the moment I saw the building from the road, I realized that I shouldn't have booked it. Why not, the reasons are as below:

1) The parking space showed in images are actually non existent, it encroaches the main road.

2) The rooms are modest, with fans full of dust and cobwebs all over.

3) I saw a spider dangling from the roof to the bed

4) The dust bin was broken

5) The adjacent restaurant (Sahara, if I remember it right), was a nightmare. We had to regretfully leave at least half of the food we ordered at the table. We are vegetarians and the food was plain bad, but the price is at par with a decent restaurant.

5) Above all, there were at least 4-5 locals and car drivers at the reception and nearby areas, staring at you. This indeed gives you a feeling of insecurity, if you are going as a couple (with your wife)

6) The locks are fragile, which adds to the insecure feeling

Now positives

1) The location is most convenient, as it is beside the road and very close to the main town
2) The bathroom was clean, though there is no geyser integrated. We had to get the warm water straight from the geyser and mix it up with the cold water.

I have images of all the issues raised here and all I can say is that stay away from this hotel unless you are going in a group. Though I booked for two days I checked out as fast as I could and checked in to Coorg International which was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 Nights & 4 Days. The location of this hotel is good with lots of shops near by for your daily needs.
The reception people were very well mannered and very helpful. The rooms were spacious & clean. And a special mention to the bathroom which was very clean & was fitted with a gyser, so we got 24 hrs hot water
The room service was a bit slow but the room service people were very well mannered and is always ready to help.
They need to improve their resturant service.
Overall our stay was very comfortable and relaxing. I would suggest this hotel to the tourists who are looking for a decent budget hotel with a good location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shiv B
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Had been here for 2 day trip with friends. I have been to coorg a number of times before. But this stay was very good. The place was decent, clean and the rooms are spacious. I wished I had availability when I went there last time with my wife. If there is one thing they could improve,then it is the room service which had to be called twice to get what you want. Rest everything gets 5 stars. We had booked two 2 double bed rooms and finally we had a extra person on board. The person in reception kindly upgraded our room to 3 bed at no extra cost. So kind of him. The hot water was available pretty much most of the time. In short we guys had a blasting time and I will go there again - either with friends or family. Loved the stay. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Gyser. You can have a hot shower at your convenience.