“Made my mother-in-law smile”
Review of Jagale Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kodagu (Coorg)
Jagale Homestay
Ranked #87 of 341 Kodagu (Coorg) B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2013

... and pasted a huge grin on my wife.

We went there for two nights: my wife and her parents, my mom, and me. The other reviews on TripAdvisor talk of the good food, great hosts, and a comfortable stay: this is all true, and the reality is much warmer & better. We've stayed in "coffee estate homestays" before, but this one stands out as a place to go to for a relaxing vacation. All of us had a good time at Jagale.

Our graceful hosts were there for us and also gave us our own space. Their dogs are playful and well-trained. The staff is friendly and responsive, the food is good, the rooms are comfortable, and the place is peaceful.

For those new to "homestays", remember your hosts have a life, too. When we arrived they were out but the staff took care of us and we settled in with a delicious lunch.

On getting there: the GPS took me to Nittoor. From there I called Ramesh and he guided me the rest of the way. I've put in my edit re the road to Jagale on Google Maps, but till it "takes", remember that Jagale Homestay is East of Nittoor, at 12.1264N,76.0754E coordinates, and correctly marked on both Wikimapia & Google Maps.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage near the house
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 14, 2012

we were a group of 5 who had left bangalore for a ride to Coorg. Awesome weather, awesome ride and awesome people. had no expectation what so ever about where we gonna stay and all. A friend suggested jagale home stay and we landed up there. They were so welcoming, so hospital. Helped us in all the ways possible, even gave us their car, so that we could repair our flat tire. The food is the best part, mind blown. Easy going and fun loving people to be with. After our trip have recommended my friends to go there and experience their hospitality.

Thank you pavitha and ramesh.. for hosting us and taking care of us. Hope we can host some time, no matter where we are.
From Kiran, gandhal, abhi, sonia and jithin

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kiran N
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have been to Jagale Homestay 12 times...... yes, 12 (twelve)!! And yet, I think I haven't had my fill. For me, each visit is as exciting as my first one, The drive through Nagarhole forest,the view of the coffeee estates on exiting the forest, the inroad leading to the home-stay, the spectacular view of the beautiful "home" that Ramesh & Pavita have so lovingly built... is all as exciting to me every time I go there , as if it is the first time.
Within minutes of landing there they make sure one "feels at home' - the beginning of a wonderful experience that is forthcoming. If one is a 'foodie' then one's in for a 'gastronomic high' - for Pavita, who is an excellent cook along with being a great host, will not only provide a great variety of both, veg and non-veg dishes (and an equal variety of desserts) but will also see that food is 'a plenty'. There hasn't been an occasion when we had to actually tell her that though we are all foodies (in our family) we don't like to see it going waste and hence she has to cut on both, the variety and quantity.
As for the rooms, on our last visit (my 12th) with my in-laws, they just couldn't help but praise Ramesh and Pavita for keeping the rooms so clean and tidy and doing them up so tastefully. They are nothing short of a room in any star hotel for Pavita ,so thoughtfully, even provides soaps, toothpaste and toothbrushes (for the forgetful ones) too. The regret though, is that a few people do not understand the true meaning of a "home-stay" and expect treatment like that in a hotel.
I suggest that guests get up early and take a walk in the estate which is flanked by the forest on one side and a riverine on the other. Only, make sure you are accompanied by Ramesh and his wonderful German Shepherds for there is every chance of getting lost in the huge estate. Rest assured - you will return to see some scrumptuous, hot breakfast waiting for you. All one has to do is make one's self deserving of it.:)
Advice: A homestay is not a hotel as some gather it to be. One would'nt want to go to a relative's place and 'order' for food, etc. One just "participates" in a friend's/relative's house. So be it here!!
I started by mentioning that I have been to Jagale Homestay 12 times and would like to sign off saying the same, Do I really need to say any more??

Room Tip: Try and get into the two cottages which are detached from the main house. But I assure you, any room...
1  Thank ashwinn346
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I visited Jagale Homestay after recommendation from a colleague. I had gone there with my family. The experience was fabulous right from the time we entered. The hosts greeted us and really made us feel at home.

This homestay truely is home away from home. Clean rooms, toilets and beds. Great food! What else do you need?

Perfect weekend getaway spot! I recommend this homestay very positively.

Room Tip: Please take the cottages! They have more privacy! :)
2  Thank ak_lookout
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went with my husband & in-laws, it was my first experience staying at a homestay and I must say it was better than what I expected it to be. The hosts Pavitha & Ramesh where truly wonderful people, very nice an always smiling. The food cooked was awesome all credit goes to Pavitha, and another amazing part was the ambience surrounded by nature, just like living amidst nature and its beauty. Value for money ,& a great place for people who want to get away from the city hustle bustle! All in all a memorable experience.

As for the people who do not understand the meaning of a homestay please read the following and then decide don crib for nothing.

Home stay is a form of tourism or home stay can be defined as public or inhabitants of a village which provides space or room to let to tourists.Advantages of home stay is a allows the visitor to rent a room from local family to better learn the local family to better learn the local lifestyle,

Room Tip: The cottage is nice if your going in a group of 4 or more and is a little secluded so you get full p...
3  Thank nehagopalka
Reviewed September 11, 2012

jagale might sounds good to ears but when u visit the place u might find hard to digest. They is nothing special to say about this place. After seeing review from trip-advisor we decided to try it out but after visiting they it is not worth money for they charging. the host may speak well to before booking and promise u that they are best in service but they words are like water which flows off when u reach they, From the experience of 8 people we would give this 1 star. U dont have any place to visit they because it is a coffee estate and if u want to try it is useless. food is ok service is not good and they is nothing say about other thing.
i doubt how people have given good review about this place. i have one advice to say it is waste of ur time and money apart from this i hve alot to say but i wont
jagale means waste

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank jayaprakash1827
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We, with our 2 kids, along with our family friends visited Madikeri in the long weekend of Aug 2012. We decided to try a homestay (a first time for us) this time, and we selected Jagale Homestay by searching through the web. We were hoping it will be a good experience. At the end of our stay we were more than happy, as we felt at home with our guest Ms Pavitha, a superb and pleasant lady. This homestay is nestled among the lush greenery of the coffee plantation and right at the backyard of the Nagerhole forest. We loved the acco we stayed in, fabulous food, neatly furnished and furnished with a taste....and if you love nature, you are in for a feast.....on the overall I would say, we had a pleasent and memorable stay .....and what more....My wife is now experimenting with Coorgi dishes.....!

Room Tip: 1) See if you can get the outhouse..(you need to be a group of a minimum number of 6, I think)..you...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family