Gopis Farm
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hassan
See available hotels
Excellent 5/5
Koffeewoods Homestay(Chikkamagalur)
    The Rappa(Hassan)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 1, 2013

Incredibly tranquil place, the large central area of the home stay is very atmospheric. They kindly accommodated us at short notice and we loved it. It's not very convenient for the Halebid and Belur temples (as others have noted, it's a dreadful road from Halebid - give yourself an hour!) but it's lovely.

Yes the staff don't speak much English, but we got by fine together and they were incredibly sweet and attentive. The food was amazing and we had none of the problems with mosquitos or non-flushing toilets that others report. The rooms themselves were gorgeous, lots of bare wood, and the huge bathrooms look intensely luxurious (with resident banana tree) until you realise there's no shower, just a hot tap and a copper bucket. Very Eco, very refreshing but not to everyone's taste. I loved it though.

Looking for a quiet weekend with books and stories by the fire, I would definitely go back

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
    2  Thank Tpw101
    Reviewed October 26, 2012

That place is beautiful (still 45 minutes from Halebid because the road is bad) but we did not like the experience.
    When we came it was dark so we just put some mosquito cream on the kids and and run inside the hotel. The thing is, that there was more mosquitos inside the room and bathroom than outside!
    First my daughter went to the restroom and was bitten on the leg as her pants were down. My son got bitten on the belly, probably his tshirt got up a little bit. When I realized we were surrounded by mosquitos, my husband went to the car and picked the racket that we had brought (thanks God). It was really too late to go somewhere else with two little kides. We started hunting mosquitos and it kept up busy all evening. We asked for All Out or Goodnight plug to the personal, who did not speak english. That guy kept showing us the All Out refill but there was no plug for it! Finally after one hour and explanations from our driver he brought a plug and some coal (great for the kids to breathe it, isnt'it?). Asking 3000 INR for a room (without breakfast and dinner) I think they could have prepared it before and use the anti-mosquitos means before we arrive (and by the way the hotel was empty, so they had not much to do). They could also put a mosquito net around the bed.
    We had a dinner which was fine but the hunt of the mosquitos was not nice. I hope nobody comes out with malaria because it is in the middle of nowhere. In the night there was probably a power cut so the fan just stopped, leaving us really alone with the few mosquitos left (I had killed probably 50 of them in the evening, no jokes!)
    The room was very dark and we did not see much. In the next morning I saw that my pillow did not look clean. But we had to leave anyway... When we left we had a walk around the house in order to enjoy the nature. I followed my son around the house and through the huge window, I could see that the personal was redoing our bed using the same bedsheets! When they saw us starring through the big window, they quickly undid it, looking all guilty. But I know that for sure the next visitors will have sleep in the same bedsheets as us! So once again for the price, that is really a big shame. I also note that they try to spare, like water has been put in the soap dispenser in order to use it longer and there was not toilet paper in our room (we got some only on the next day...).
    So really the place is beautiful but the service is just so bad that I recommend to avoid the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
    2  Thank Babeline
    Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you want to experience a haven of peace and a real getaway from the city noise and pollution, Gopi's farm is the place to be! Only 3.5 hrs from Bengaluru Gopi's farm offers you a real experience of rural india. It is perfect for a long weekend where you get visit the beautiful temples of Belur and Halebeedu situated about half an hour away. Our favorite part of the days were relaxing in the evenings with fresh delicious local food in front of a camp fire made by local staff who take care of the farm. The farm house is beautiful and it offers you the opportunity to de-stress and truly reconnect with nature.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
    Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've been there many times, and always loved it! The place is really beautiful, interior is done with charm and character, the best being the campfire place where you can have relaxing evenings admiring the beauty of the sky and stars.
    I would say it's my favorite place to escape from all the chaos of Bangalore for a weekend, where i can really rejuvenate myself. The food is authentic, and the personnel are doing their best to satisfy the customers...Highly recommended, if you try it once you will keep going back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
    2  Thank Damien E
    Reviewed December 14, 2010

This could be a wonderful place to stay, but in our room the wardrobe was locked and all the drawers were full of other people's things. Banana tree growing in bathroom was interesting! There were 3 pairs of wet shoes left in the room and the toilet didn't flush. As no-one on the staff speaks english we had conversations with the owner in Bangalore. Not helpful and my husband eventually mended the toilet! I asked for toast for breakfast and got exactly that - no butter or jam. There were numerous events advertised on web-site, but through lack of communication we did nothing. Luckily we had our drivers so were able to go out. Could have been really good, but in the end we were glad to leave.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple