“Best Home Stay of my life”
Review of Upadhyay Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kullu
Upadhyay Cottages
Ranked #1 of 72 Specialty Lodging in Kullu
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed in those cottages when it was not even listed in Trip Advisor. I just had a telephonic conversation with Mr. Upadhyay, who is owner himself. Trust me I was not disaapointed in any aspect. I have travelled across multiple places in US and stayed in homestays and cozy as well as luxury cottages most of the time to have some quality time with nature. But this experience in manali was something which I cherish most of the time.

When I got down at Katrine (A viilage which is 20 Kms before manali on Kullu - Manali Highway), Mr. Upadhyay himself came in and picked me up for his cottage. In those days, there were only 2 cottages (one with 1 Bedroom and the other with 3). I opted for 1 bedroom and it has a nice view to the top peaks around Manali.

The food was just awesome. Me and my Wife had some cooking in the cottage kitchen in the evening. We walked down to the small village in the evening. Mr Upadhyay arranged a nice car at a pretty cheap rate for us to visit Manali, SOlang and Rohtang.

On last day of our return, it was raining in Manali and hence snowing on the mountain peaks. While on Bed, We could see the whole mountain peak getting covered by snow. We cancelled our plan to visit Manikaran to view this great beauty of Mother Nature.

I visited Manali, couple of times before that. But my last visit was just awesome. Great location, Very homely and tasty food and great hospitality.

Room Tip: I liked the one bedroon cottage.... It has a nice lawn and a great view to the top mountain.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Peaceful place with homely atmosphere.
It is best place to stay then manali crowded area.
Location is very natural and peaceful.
Very reasonable rent compare to manali city.
Exalent service and familiar behaviour of hounar person.
In cottages a to z things are available in rooms and even kitchen .
I like music system availability.
Food and room services is also good.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2014

It was like a wish come true. I had reviews of the place and I decided to stay there, but still I was worrying about the place as it was far from the main town Manali. But the place is highly recommended. I stayed there on 6th to 8th June. Very well maintained cottages with kitchen facility, where you can cook your food or you can ask for ready made food. All the small things are taken care by Mr. Rajiv Upadhyay and he knows very well what his guests like. I liked every thing about the place & cottages. If you want to stay close to nature with all basic facilities, you should go to Upadhyay Cottages. I am thank full to Mr. Ashwinnaggar (Indiamike) for giving me idea to stay at this place. I read his blog on india mike and it was my guide throughout my tour.

Room Tip: Single room, Double room & three room cottages are available, one can choose as per the group st...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were total 3 families, we stayed at "Upadhyay Cottages" from 15th May to 18th May 2014. The cottages were as expected, very clean and neat. One can get everything in the cottage...Mr. Rajeev Upadhyay is very thoughtful about it. Mr. Rajeev Upadhyay is very down to earth person to give the services and Hospitality. His right hand, caretaker Shyam bhai is very helpful with his prompt services. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Upadhyay cottages. The attached kitchen helps you cook your own food. It is the best place to stay in Kullu, with very pleasant scenery. The cottages are surrounded by lush greenery, blossmed flowers, apple trees, apricot trees etc. Every cottage is like a seperate house.

The location is very ideal to travel to Kullu, Manali, Rohtang Pass, Mannikaran etc. The Beas river is just close by with adventure sports like RIVER RAFTING. If you have a adventurous group, you can also go for trekking. Also there is a waterfall closeby.

It's a awesome place for a liesure holiday. I would say it is better to stay at Upadhyay Cottages, Kullu then staying at hotels in Manali.

Thank you very much Rajeevji and Shyam bhai for making us feel at home.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RajeshERT
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were a family of four with two children. We stayed in Upadhyay Cottages for three nights. It was too good. Location & ambience is excellent. Cottages are very clean and well maintained. Hospitality and service of Mr.Rajeev Upadhyay and cook shyam was mind blowing. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Children had a great time. We could have just stayed on there if time permitted.Thank you Rajivji & shyam for your excellent service.

Room Tip: cottages are available with attached kitchen if you like to cook your own food.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Asha742014
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I went there in July 2012. Physical parameters were as per my expectations going by the reviews and photographs that I came across earlier. What has enthralled me was the hospitality of Mr Upadhyay and the prompt service of the caretaker (Shyam I guess). Plus the food was absolutely awesome whether its breakfast or meal,s both veg and non veg. The location is ideal with Kullu, Kasol, Manikaran and Manali close by, the Beas is just a walk away with adventure sports camp nearby. Well connected to the main road. Overall terrific for enjoying a leisure holiday and good value for money. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Go through the site and select your cottage before booking
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Visited this place based on the review from TripAdvisor.
True to its reputation.

Best place to stay for touring kullu manali.
Great hospitality. Fun loving and caring people.Needless to mention Shyam who goes out of the way to ensure a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kullu
Shobla International
For a While
For a While
#6 of 72 in Kullu
Foghills Manali Cottages

Been to Upadhyay Cottages? Share your experiences!