“Kalatop near Dalhousie is heaven”
Review of Dalhousie

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Mumbai
8 helpful votes
“Kalatop near Dalhousie is heaven”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The Kalatop wildlife Sanctuary is heaven.We had been to Kalatop in July end for 3 days ,whis could hv more time,luckly it wasnt raining much.we had been to diffrent tracks with guides,(authorised by forest department).Forest has black bears,so it is better to take guide along.

We had a chance to see rare birds in this forest ,thanks to our guide who had all the details of the birds.Jungle walks were amazing.........forest is really dense and beautiful.Apart from lovley walks they have adventure sports like; Rapling ,Rock climbing etc,You can contact them at forwildlife@gmail.com/mobile no.9882393593,988254373.Ravindra,Rajesh Bharadwaj.

For Forestguest house booking - 08199-222639 Mr.Chandan Singh

Forest guest house is not a luxurious accommodation at all, they have room with bacis facilities.But best part of this place is surrounding ,it is situated in the middle of the forest.

There are two Canteens ,one is for gov. officers, other one is for tourists.The food was hot fresh and jus like ghar ka khana.

Taxis are easily available from Dalhoise,they took 1100/ Rs for drop n pickup.And apart from taxi fare you hv to pay Rs 200 toll.But if u hv booking in forest guest house u dont hv to pay the toll.

8 Thank nehMumbai
Pathankot
10 helpful votes
“My favourite Place Dalhousie-Full of natural beauty”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Dalhousie in Himachal Pradesh (India) is a very beautiful and lovely hill station.In winter it is full of snow fall and in summer it becomes green.Last month I visited this place.this was my fifth trip to the same place.Once u visit this place it always keep on calling you.I went there with my friends and we stayed there for four days and had lot of fun.this is the best place to spend time with your wife or friends.Memories of this location always remain fresh in my mind.This place is named after a British officer lord Dalhousie as during colonial period he was much attracted towards this place.

8 Thank Rajeshsir
New Delhi
53 helpful votes
“Kalatop Forest Rest House-Paradise for nature lovers Dalhousie”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I am writing few lines about Kalatop Forest Rest House sitting on the lawn in front of the room. It is around 7.30 pm and the sun is going down. Cold wind is blowing and kissing my face. I will carry this feeling for the rest of my life and I am enjoying each and every moments of the evening. It is the last day of my trip to Kalatop. The silence of this place with occasional humming of unknown birds makes this place one of the most romantic places on the earth.

Let me get into the details of this place for those who are interested to visit KALATOP after reading few lines about my experience there. One moment, there is a small interruption. One butterfly is moving in front of my note book. Must be looking for a place to sit and talk to me. Each and every moment in Kalatop is laced with unique experience and feels like continue to write till I am here. That is the beauty of this place. Endless new experience with nature for each and every moment you are here.

Let me make some justice to the readers and get into the details.

The entire Kalatop Forest House spread in 2/3 acres of land on a hill top surrounded by pine trees. The temperature of this place is normally 4/5 degree centigrade lower than Dalhousie/Khajjier. The property comprises of two huts and one bungalow made woods and rocks. These were constructed by the British during 1925.

There are total 5 rooms for tourist and two rooms reserved for VIPs. The bungalow comprises with two bed rooms, one dining room and one sitting room is used for VIP and government officials. Sometimes it is also given to the tourist. This section is named as Forest Rest House (FRH) and located 20 meters from the entry point. Once you entered you will first came across the FRH. It is certainly the most beautiful section. The bungalow is surrounded by large a lawn. We are fortunate enough to stay in one of the room for two days out of three days trip. The wall of the rooms covered with pine woods and fill with old furniture of British era. There is a fire place in each room. Staying here is like going back to the old days.

There are two huts comprises of five bed rooms and this section is named as Tourist Huts. These huts are 20/30 meters away from the FRH section in the same compound. Rooms are made of wooden floors and ceiling and furnished with old furniture. There is also a fire place in each room and the beauties of these rooms are no less than that of the FRH section. All the 7 rooms have attached bathrooms with modern amenities, well maintained, clean. There are two private canteen provide basic foods. But some time they provide special dishes on request. Once we had chicken curry made by Mr. Hemraj (one of the owner of canteen). It was one of the best dishes I have ever had and named it as Kalatop Chicken.
Best thing to do in Kalatop is to enjoy the nature by sitting in the lawn or take a walk around the property. Early morning walk is certainly enjoyable and one can see number birds of rare species. There are number of trekking routes starts from Kalatop like route to Khajjier (14 KM), Joth (15KM). Trained and approved guides are available in the rest house. Trekking in Himalaya is always exciting and we went for a trek of 6 KM around the rest house in the forest. It was early morning walk and we saw some beautiful birds. Our trekking guide Mr. Suraj took us to some spots like forest watch tower, Kali Temple to name a few.
I think I have written a few extra lines than I have promised at the beginning, but the place deserve many more. Hope to go back soon to Kalatop and will write few more lines next time. Till than whoever visit Kalatop Forest Rest House, please try to preserve the natural beauty of this place by all means.

40 Thank Saurav78
mumbai
28 helpful votes
“very peaceful !”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Dalhousie is a quite and peaceful place. It is very beautiful .. you could be lucky to see ice topped mountains from your hotel itself. Weather keeps changing so you may experience all seasons in a single day. A definite must if you want to relax.

1 Thank acelin
Delhi / NCR
24 helpful votes
“Dalhousie... Scenic Beauty @ its best!”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Ever wondered about those fantastic backgrounds in the song "Rim Jhim Rim Jhim" from 1942... A Love Story?

Well, go check them out in Khajjiar, Near Dalhousie. Called in Indian Switzerland, Khajjiar is only one of the many attractions that you get in Dalhousie!

Go experience it for yourself. Nice food, a good Mall Road and some fantastic scenery is what awaits all of you in Dalhousie.

Take a train till pathan kot and hire a cab or take a bus to Dalhousie and a fantastic drive awaits you...

Go and take a hotel in Khajjiar if you are looking for a really romantic holiday.

I visited in August 2009 and would love to go again!!!

Sumit
{--}

1 Thank Sumit S

Been to Dalhousie? Share your experiences!