“Wrong choice of a hotel in an excellent location”

and 1 more site!
Indraprastha Resort
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Dalhousie
Reviewed May 13, 2011

After a lot of research on finding a good hotel I booked a deluxe room in indraprastha resort. I was charged rs 2500 per night for three nights Once I arrived at the hotel the receptionist were busy counting money so they had no time for me. So the welcome was bad. Then we were taken to our room wherein we got the biggest shock. Although the room was decent there was a large window with a WALL as a view Yes just a wall nothing else. In a beautiful place like dalhousie you expect some natural scenery. I then called the reception and they all deluxe rooms are the same. I said ok show me a super deluxe room. Now this room was at a charge of 1000 bucks extra and was less spacious then the deluxe room and the view was also bad with just a few trees. So we decided to stay back in the deluxe room. The entire mood for the trip was lost and I have never seen such a hotel and paying so much with such awful service. There are much better hotels in dalhousie. Dont get fooled here.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank jayant0203
There are newer reviews for Indraprastha Resort

Reviewed March 25, 2011

Dear Readers,

It was a memorable experience staying at Indraprastha Resort, Dalhousie. It's a newly constructed, with all modern facilities, and excellent services. We had a very luxurious stay , and it is one of the best hotels we had stayed till now. The food was excellent. The mouth watering mutton was the best of its kind and i can not forget its taste till date. My son enjoyed a lot there in the suite and we would love to go there again whenever we get a chance. Though Dalhousie is a very calm and beautiful place, we preferred staying in the hotel most of the time

Rachna Chugh, Delhi

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank reshu9999
Reviewed December 20, 2010

i went with my two children and stayed there for two nights and enjoyed my holidays with great sunny winter and hotel is very nice and their services is also markable.
we enjoyed the good breakfast and good hot water.
go on travellers

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Very bad experience. Myself, my wife and my 11yrs. old daughter stayed in indraprastha on 10th. oct. '10. They say it is centrally heated but actually there is only pipe duct, no heating and even no heater also available. They said that the Govt. of Himachal has stopped the use of heater in Himachal which is absolutely wrong. I had booked a room with bath tub. As soon as I opened the tap on bath tub whole bath room was flooded. We shifted to another room. I had Booked this hotel on MAP basis after seeing in iternate. They have limited choice of food in brekfast and dinner. They had served DAL at night which was very sour and made during lunch time. I called the kitchen manager and he said sorry, that's all. I think this is their daily business Next day i shifted to Grand View hotel which was heaven in comparison to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank apoorbadey
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Hotel interiors coupled with the awesome weather at Dalhousie made our tour a hit.. IP resort is one of the better place to stay put in dalhousie and relax.. Service and maintenance though were not upto the mark.. But sauna bath and TT table more than make up for this..
All n all, nice stay at IP resort in Dalhousie