Dalhousie Hills and Meadows(Dalhousie)(Great Value!)
$26
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,993 results
All reviewsluxury roomthe ownernew wingevery guestluxury blockroyal suitebreakfast and dinnerlive musicpersonal touchold world charmdining hallpersonal attentionbritish eraindoor gameswingsmodern amenitieshoneymoon package
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had visited Grand view Dalhousie hotel in March 2012 with my wife the expereice was very shocking that monkey were jumping in my room & i was shocked to see the monkey opening the lock & sitting on my bed. We were thinking we did mistake by taking this room Luxury Room the monkey were seen jumping in the complete hotel, this is biggest problem in grand view hotel. I spoke to seniors manager on hotels they said we can help you in monkey problems. I would request every one if in future you plan to visit grand view please take care of those monkey. I have attached few of pictures of monkey sitting on balcony. I could not click the picture of room becoz the carmera was in my bag. We really got scared when we saw monkey sitting on same bed where we were sleeping last night. Ohgod help me.. Please think 10 times before you visit grand view.

Room Tip: This was my Exp which i am sharing with you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank rahul304554
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I wanted my Dalhousie trip to be quite memorable and consequently planned a lot for the same. I booked a 6 day package to Dalhousie & Dharamshala from Antilog Vacations , a famous travel agent for Himanchal packages. We asked them to book the royal honeymoon suite for our sojourn in Dalhousie.The agent has already arranged for our honeymoon previously so it ws kindda no brainer

The Grand View Hotel, the largest hotel in Dalhousie is a grand 3 acre resort located at the heart of Dalhousie, around 5 mins from the Mall. I was told that it used to be the favourite getaway for the British Regalia till the 1850s and hence it still retains some of the Royal charm. The first thing you notice is the location of the resort and how you feel cradled amidst the heart of Himalayas. The resort offers an almost 360 degree panoramic view of the Pirpanjal range as it is located on a terrace sort of opening.

We were spoilt right after our arrival as we were welcomed with apple wine and chocolate pastries. The suite was located in the heritage wing and the butler guided us to the place. The suite was extravagance at its best. All amenities which one can imagine were present there. The room offered the rare view of sunrise and sunset from the same bed. The staff too were exceptionally courteous and friendly.

Moreover the resort arranged an exquisite candle lit dinner on the first day itself. The remaining days were also spent under abundance and we enjoyed the stay thoroughly. The experience of the same is something I will treasure for the rest of my life. My better half was so smitten by the place that he did not want to leave the place at the time of our departure.

Awesome services by tour operator as well.Their services were low cost & very good quality.Thanks to rahul sharma , abhinandan , Gopi ( our attendant ) & everyone at Grand view for making it a grand affair

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

View from Grand view hotel is excellent.

Excellent service and support.

Royal rooms and combination of old and new.

Vehicle cannot go, have to walk little. Two lifts to reach rooms with great view.

Many celebrities are staying there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Wonderful British-era hotel with a fabulous view. Rooms are nice. The hotel has a lovely old world charm. The service is excellent - the staff was always courteous, friendly, prompt and accommodating. The owner Radhika takes personal care to ensure that guests are being well taken care of. You always see her at dinner looking after her guests. The location is also very convenient - right next to the bus stand. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Take a deluxe (1st floor) or garden deluxe room (ground floor). Semi-deluxe rooms are in a new wing, not the old British era bulding
Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Hi...I went in Jan,12 and booked 4 nights Honeymoon Package in luxury rooms. By the time we reach Dalhaousie roads were almost closed due to snowfall but hotel owner Ms Radika was constantly in touch with us through mobile and helped us to reach there smoothly. Rooms are spacious and beautiful with all modern facilities, view from balcony is awesome. The staff, service & quality, variety and presentation of food (Veg/Non Veg) is very good. Though we have not gone to Khajjar and other places due to link roads were closed but there are lot of scenic beauty and peace there.Best hotel of Dalhaousie.

Room Tip: Go for luxury rooms are view from Balcony is very good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple