$47
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $62/night.

$85
Hotel President(Dalhousie)
$35
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Alps Resort Dalhousie(Dalhousie)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
Atithi Resort(Dalhousie)
  • Pool
1,995 results
All reviewsluxury roomthe ownernew wingevery guestluxury blockroyal suitebreakfast and dinnerlive musicpersonal touchold world charmdining hallpersonal attentionbritish eraindoor gameswingsmodern amenitieshoneymoon package
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Dear Friends,

We had a very pleasant experience during our stay in Dalhousie in Hotel GrandView, we booked honeymoon package & got everything which was offered to us ,we reached hotel around 8.30 am early in the morning.

As the check in time was 01.00pm we were asked to wait in the wifi room i requested if he can provide us a room so that we can freshen up a bit , the hotel staff again checked whether he can provide us any vacant room after 10 min they offered us a luxury room for 3 hours before check in time.

we stayed for 3 nights in the luxury room its a newly built block with modern amenities being from hotel background like Taj & Golden Tulip really noticed behavior of staff, Good presentation & quality of food.

They have facilities like jacuzzi & steam bath in Nirvana wellness center in the hotel premises itself.

Really its was a amazing experience during our stay , nice food , personalized service, comfortable & cozy rooms.

I will rate this hotel 10 out 10.

Mohit Pathak
Lucknow

Room Tip: Prefer luxury rooms the view is really amazing from balcony....
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mohit P
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The view of the Hotel is simply amazing. We had taken their Honeymoon Package for the Royal Suite. Their Rooms are simply amazing. At such low rates with so many inclusions and a room with Jacuzzi, it made our honeymoon trip real special. The food quality and taste is unmatched to any of the Himachal hotels we visited. The hospitality of the staff was amazing.

Thanks & Regards

Room Tip: Choose their Royal Suite, completely worth staying at the rate they offer
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anuj A
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I simply cannot resist myself to write a few words regarding our(me & my wife) Honeymoon experience at Grand View Hotel , Dalhousie.It was amazing to have a 180 degree view of Pirpanjal range from the Royal Suite (Room No-310).The suite was incomparable with full of all the amenities, food was really delicious, all the persons right from coolie to the reception manager were really very courteous. We enjoyed our honeymoon at the fullest there.There warm reception with local apple wine and chocolate cake was really nice.Moreover,the candle lite dinner was arranged in the suite itself, we really loved that one.It was exquisite to have a breathtaking view of sunrise and sunset of the whole range from the bed.

Uuuufffffhhhh!!!!! we are really waiting for our next visit there.

Thanks Hotel Grand View....see you again.

Room Tip: I can suggest you to book the royal suite i.e. room no.310 / 410 , otherwise the luxury rooms in the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Had booked a Royal Suite after having a discussion with the hotel staff regarding its amenities & facilities. Made a transfer into their bank account of the full amount. The staff on the phone was very courteous & patient & understood my requirements & suggested accordingly.
Upon reaching the Hotel I was taken to the Royal Suite & to my horror I discovered that the said Suite is located in a new wing that was still under construction & is quite far from the famed heritage wing. Reaching the Suite was also quite an adventure. You have to use 2 lifts & a pathway to reach the same. Must say that I was very disappointed & annoyed that this was not told to me at the time of booking as my kids were really looking forward to enjoy in the gardens that are shown on the web site. To be fair to the staff they did offer me an alternate accommodation in the heritage wing but they were not willing to reduce the tariff & so I refused as the facilities in the alternate was no where commensurate to the amount that I had paid. So it all started on this negative note.
Room:
The Royal Suite consists of a living room & an attached bed room that are quite spacious & well done. The LCD's & the DTH connection was flawless. I liked the wooden flooring in the rooms & the bed was also luxurious. The sheets & the towels were extremely clean & pleasant. The rooms had nice looking heaters but when on one of the nights we wanted to use them the staff told us that they cannot be used as the hotel is not full & the heaters are centrally connected. So we were given a blower & so cannot really comment on the efficiency or otherwise of the sleek looking heaters. The rooms had a cute looking balcony attached to it that really had a grand view. However it pained to see the large number of trees that have been cut to accommodate this new wing. Also the balcony was not usable in the night as a large number of insects were there.
Bathroom:
The bathroom was downright ugly & there were lot of plumbing problems as it was still new & appeared unused. The sink was always overflowing. The so called Jacuzzi was a big disappointment & infact only flooded the entire bathroom when used. There was no shower curtain separating the shower areas & so every bath resulted in a wet & slippery bathroom. The toiletries provided were very meager & of extremely poor quality.
Food:
No complaint on this front. The food was good & edible. I did a mistake & opted for a food inclusive package which I later found out was a simple addition of room cost plus the buffet cost. That left me with no alternative but to have the buffet at the restaurant. I realised my folly when on one of the nights there was an extreme cold wave & we wanted to have our dinner in the room as the dining room was very far from the Royal Suite. The restaurant guy refused to serve the dinner in the room. Fair enough. Then I offered to order from the menu & requested that the buffet cost may be adjusted against the alacarte cheque. However that was also refused & so I ended up paying for the dinner in the room & the buffet dinner which I never had.
Service:
The guys were overall helpful however it took a long time for them to come to the rooms as the new wing is really far from the common areas. Once they were there there was no complaint.
Overall:
Inspite of all that is mentioned above, my vacation was not spoiled. I enjoyed Dalhousie & have been going there again & again. Grand view is one of the best resort at Dalhousie but with newer resorts coming up it would be interesting to see how it pulls up its socks. If I go there again I would opt for the heritage wing alone as the new wing is just like any other hotel room at any other place & absolutely lacks character.

Room Tip: The rooms in the new wing lack in character & so for the real experience go for the heritage wing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank vinayMumbai
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Well...what can i say. The view is really breathtaking, and the serenity of the place is the perfect icing on the cake. We were put up in the new building, which is about 5-6 story high. It had modern and spacious rooms, with clean bathrooms. The only draw back was that for some reason the balcony of each room is connected to adjacent rooms (on each side) via a small window, which interferes with privacy of all.
Other than that everything was great. Food is fabulous. Our package included breakfast and dinner and during our three night stay all the six meals we had were delicious. Chatted up with the owner, Mrs Radhika for a few mins. Really warm and friendly like the rest of the staff.
Location is good too. Dalhousie is a small hill station. It is about 15-20 mins walk for gandhi chowk (the main market of dalhousie) or you can opt for 3 mins taxi ride (taxi stand is just next to the hotel entrance).
Would definitely recommend this hotel. Its by far the most value for money hotel i have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Go for the mountain view room. Not much of a price difference but the view is incredible!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family