“Good stay”
Review of Hotel Mongas

Hotel Mongas
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Dalhousie
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We r happy that we stayed here . Staff was nice , food is good... Rooms are clean , service great...and view is awesome...
In nutshell, they make ur stay wonderful .
Food is buffet, looks hygienic ...u can't expect better than this. Restaurant was nice and cozy.
We stayed at Attic rooms... Looks very warm due to wooden interiors.
Room service was very nice.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank gbhargava

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We visited Dalhousie on 27th March 14 & stayed in the hotel for two days. Mr. Karan -Owner has taken care all of us since from our arrival. It was continuously raining both the days and the temperature dropped to chilling level of 5deg C. Rooms are excellent and artistic. It is better than homily. Food is extremely good. We had whatever the food we liked. Quantity & Quality and fast service to rooms are the added advantages which any one cannot expect from even in 5 star hotels. The waiter & Chef, Managers of this hotel made us most comfortable and memorable. I thank Mr.Karan & his team for giving best hospitality to us. There is personal touch in every item. The paintings made by Mr.Karan's sister are added to give beautiful & elegant look for the hotel.
I am recommending my friends & relatives to stay in the Hotel Mongas. I will be visiting Dalhousie once again, only for this hotel.
Home away from our home

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rmpmurugan
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I visited dalhousie on 8th to 11th April..
A really nice hotel to stay in.
Good food, great service.
Special thanks to Mr. Karan(owner) for making it comfortable and memorable.
All the staff was polite and helpful.
The Attic Room is the best of all.
I wish best luck to hotel Mongas.

Room Tip: The attic room is the best of all.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joglekar
Reviewed April 7, 2014

rooms are old heater was not available we booked rooms for our group everybody was telling no value addition of our money dont book this hotel very costly as per our room booking food quality was ok we booked executive class rooms but looks like ordinary rooms

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank dimplejain
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This Hotel is completely avoidable..We have chosen this Hotel being relied on TripAdvisor's member reviews, and to say that we were left dejected. To put the reviews, read below:

1. I had chosen "SO CALLED" best room @ Mongas "The ATTIC", I would like to say this was one of the worst room (Room no 405), Even the 1 star hotel would be having room better than this. To start with Room is small as compared to displayed in the photos, Secondly, room was stinking (looked like was not cleaned in years), all drawers/Cup boards are ruined, No proper facility, So I asked for different room and as usual, I was told no rooms are empty, but I was adamant on changing my room

2. I was given a next room (Room 404) on second day, with the same amenities, here one lamp was not working, Bed was not done, same stinking smell, carpet was dirty (never washed), Bed bugs under the small sitting area provided close to the bed.

3. Hot water provision was extremely bad, water would take 30 minutes to heat after a person had shower and tat too only 1 bucket

4.. There was heater (which i could say was working halfheartedly)

5. Food was OK, only positive point was the Room service guy Mr. Dimple, who always has big smile on his face, but that does not smooth-en enough the other areas of the Mongas. I tries contacting Mr. karan even left message with other person, until last day when I was able to touch base with him and he listened to my query (but damage was already done) and offered me Rs. 2000 reimbursement, but I was not looking at money, rather I was looking at quality service and rooms

6. To Conclude, Please never choose to stay in this Hotel, it is extremely pathetic, WASTE OF MONEY AND TRIP

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank SanketParekh
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went to Dalhousie for the first time & as always me and my wife did our homework before traveling. One of my friends who has been to Dalhousie recommended Mongas hotel for our stay. After confirming about our reservation started from Chandigarh,though roads are a little rough till Amritsar but after it's just beautiful.Reached there around 5 in the evening after 8 hour drive & to our luck it started snowing.Was greeted by the manager at the reception who sent a server to guide us to our sweet.Wow was the word the second I stepped in.The view was just awesome with little snow flakes falling down.Ordered early dinner which was scrumptious.Now the best part about this place is the owner Mr Karan who personally makes sure every guest is comfortable and relaxed & suggested us a few places to go trekking next morning as I'm an outdoor person.As the snow had settled after snowing all night,so by now it was all white outside & all roads were blocked.So trekking was out of question but me and my wife got in the snow shoes n went out to enjoy the snow.Wow it was heavenly.Came back n relaxed in our sweet with sum rum ;-) n succulent chicken tikka,enjoyed beautiful born-fire organized by Mr.Karan with sum more rum n a variety of starters.Next morning the hotel organized a taxi as the roads were cleared n we went trekking to kala top.5days we spent here just went by in a blink of an eye.My whole stay was so rejuvenating n de-stressing thanks to awesome hospitality by hotel Mongas.I would really recommend the place if u wanna go relax n chill with nature.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Parv08
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Rooms are big and clean. Bathroom is clean and so are the towels and linen. Hot water is available. Main problem is the Car Park which is very small. And most of the rooms have no view. Another issue is that there is no restaurant, only room service option.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family