Mongas, Hotel & Resort!
$48
  • Restaurant
$89
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsattic roomkaran mongagandhi chowkroom serviceopen terracethe ownerfamily roomwalking distance from mall roadmain marketdj nightlive musicthe hotel staffbreakfast and dinnervery nice stayspecial thanksvisited hoteldelicious food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was travelling with my entire family for the first time after my marriage and had zeroed down this hotel after carrying out an on-line research on the experiences of different travellers. I must admit that it was a great choice. The location was superb, but I would like to mention their services. Every services that we had asked for was met within 10 minutes. The rooms were very well maintained and with a great view. This property is quite new and undergoing further extension. Moreover, we did book through e-mail and the response was very prompt. Food was excellent as well. Overall a hotel I would recommend for anybody going to Dalhousie.

Room Tip: Please take rooms with view (with balcony).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank manishamc
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked 2 Family rooms -- yes the deal did work out be a good in budget deal but we didnt get adjacent rooms also the bathrooms leaked and in a room with 2 double beds having one Fan doesnt help

The hotel is undergoing a renovation -- one that is badly needed by the hotel too

I booked the rooms direwctly speaking to the owner and it ended up being cheaper than on most of the websites out there !!!

Room Tip: Book the room directly talking to the owner - you would get better rates than most of the websites out there --- and reach early so that you get choice of rooms as not all rooms are worth staying in !!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rdhawan84
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Location of the Hotel is good. A few minutes walk from Gandhi Chowk-the main market. Food is OK. Room service takes time. More or less an average kind stay. They seem to give priority and importance to the customers who have booked directly with them as compared to any third party travel agent. For me, the only plus point was the location of the hotel. Be careful of the monkeys who are there in the hotel complex all through the day. If you want to enjoy some quite moments from the rooftop sitting area. make sure you are not carrying any food items with you. Though, you cab enjoy the dinner after dark as there are no monkeys by then. Room cleanliness is OK, not very good.

Room Tip: Rooms a li'l below the main road are good. But the best view is from the Attic rooms facing the valley which are a few steps down the main road. Technically on the top floor of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rahulbarmanroy
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked hotel Mongas for two days after seeing the images on the net and reading the reviews but we were highly disappointed. the room which was give to us had dirlty bathroom, had a broken door cabinet which was again very dirty. we asked for another room which was given next day, it had a sit out but we couldn't enjoy that because of the monkeys. The hotel is not maintaiend in good condition.The pictures of the rooms on the web site are differen from the reality!

Over all our experience was really bad!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel from the 18th to 20th of June 2013 with my family. We had two rooms #407 and #408. The rooms are excellent and are clean with all basic amenities like tea kettle. The service was good. Special mention of the staff Keval (room attendant) who looked after our stay and made it more comfortable. I would have prefered a valley facing view but compared to other hotels I stayed during my journey I rate this hotel as the best. The ambience is good. The hot water is a concern as the geyser takes time to hot another bucket of water. Its value for money. The boy Keval will look after you. The last night he lit a bonfire and we had a great dinner on the open terrace.

Room Tip: The rooms which are facing the valley are still the better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family