All reviews fancy bazar indian restaurant hotel is located nice hotel travel desk room size is the heart of the city business trip higher side pleasant stay brahmaputra river main market room service is midst locality connectivity ambience
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed there for 2 days with my friend and went 2 shillong. It was nice stay with ghazals in the restaurant where i had my dinner.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
10  Thank DubaiAnand
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed at this place during the first week of August 2011 with a view that it would be the best in Guwahati city. The reception has huge chandeliers and a grand appearance with a small but decent coffee shop. However, the rooms are pretty old fashioned and toilets clumsy.

All rooms have the old television sets and the air condition does not work well. The room service was quite helpful in laundry and other work, but, the air cool system simply did not work during my stay. We also used the seminar banquet hall for our program. It has several pillars which blocks the center-stage.

Service in restaurants and dining hall is very slow. They also messed up with my dining orders, although, they appologised and changed orders again. A good suggestion - look for newer hotels in the city. Even arriving at this hotel was cumbersome as one of the roads was blocked and the other had huge pot holes!

Room tip: Higher floor roms are preferred
Date of stay: August 2011
20  Thank Amit N
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Best experience , once inside the hotel but outside is clumsy. Wifi is great with very pleasant environment all around. Restaurant and Bar , both are top class. Only problem is the Travel Desk.The hosts are really co-operative and would help you out anywhere.

However the rooms need renovation.

Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is being slowly refurbished and is looking very smart. All staff give very attentive service and the spa saved my life. The therapist did the best Thai massage this side of Bangkok and the young man in the Salon is recommended for hair style and coloring. The facilities in the Spa are world standard and service is out of the world.

Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed here while doing a mission trip and would like say it was very enjoyable. The staff was very good and even though there was like 50 in our group they handled the large groups needs very well. I enjoyed the food, the tea, the atmosphere and the rooms. It was well situated in the city to see and experience the life in an inner Idia city. It was close to the hospital where I was working and also close to the Buhmatpra river, the night was filled with sounds , smells and sights of India and I enjoyed the close proximity of the hotel as it was easy to find my way back. I stayed at another motel called the Ginger in December of 2009 and may I add the Dynasty was far superior in service, food, location and luxury and well worth the price.

Date of stay: June 2010