“Awesome”
Review of Saraighat Bridge

Saraighat Bridge
Ranked #6 of 54 things to do in Guwahati
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was unaware of this bridge till we came across it on last day of our Bike trip. We suddenly came across this beautiful and long bridge as we neared Guwahati and probably because we were not expecting something like this m, it was very thrilling to ride down such a long bridge ( one of a kind in India).

Me and my trip mate liked the bridge however sadly due to heavy traffic we couldn't stop for photos at the end of the bridge.

I think its worth a visit for people not used to seeing long bridges on a daily basis :-)

4  Thank Dimitrz

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I found it very big. I was crossing through a train from guwahati. It gets exciting when you come to the door to peep downwards. There was much of water though in the river at this time of the year. I love the sight of the wooden boats scattered on the river.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was able to see this bridge on my way to guwahati station from the train. A long bridge indeed, but nothing noteworthy. The significance of the bridge is due to Brahmaputra River.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The bridge itself is nice with an interesting history of the place. But the traffic jams, dust due to flyover construction Mar the experience. Had to cross this bridge more than 8 times in 3 days n worst I was stuck was for 2hrs....

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The only bridge that connects the scenic north and south guwahati and plays a vital role as it is one of the busiest bridges in the region. One might get stuck in the traffic for quite sometime. But one cannot forget the view that they get of the mighty brahmaputra. Lovely view if one travels at night, as one can see the simmering lights on both the banks.