“Fantastic Brahmaputra Jungle Resort”

and 1 more site!
Brahmaputra Jungle Resort
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Guwahati
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had a great stay at this resort with my family. Food was excellent. Your holiday can be entertaining, with lot of fun activities available at the resort. You can go for trekking in the tea garden and do some bird watching. I must mention here, the guide for trekking and bird watching, MALAKAR was very cooperative and gave us a good company. My son had lot of fun with the elephant ride and the boat ride in the small pond, though fishing there might not be a wonderful idea . You also have indoor sports like badminton too.If you talk of the ambiance, it is just marvelous. I thought of extending the stay for a day, just to watch the gorgeous ,big flowers in full bloom. The proprietor Mr. Tridib Sharma, is a very friendly person, who helped me out to seek the medical help for my son on a holiday, who developed a sudden fever. Rooms are in general good. If you are on a 5 days holiday , then you must visit Shillong and Kaaziranga for sure. A night stay at Shillong was cool even in the summer.One day stay at Kaaziranga ( BON HABI resort ) was fine. But the receptionist at the BON HABI, could not help much in booking the ELEPHANT SAFARI at Kaziranga and I had to face with the rude shock of unavailability of booking. I would rate my stay at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort resort as the best.I would surely visit the place once again

Room Tip: You ask for the room closer to the main reception,else be prepared for a 5 minutes breathtaking wal...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tridibsarma, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for the review. Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to serve you and your friends in the future also.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came to know about this resort through Tripadvisor and booked 2 rooms for my family with Kids.
It was a very enjoyable trip for my family.Starting from Airport pickup to the reception,day trip to
Pabitora Sanctuary, food and stay at the resort were very good.Inhouse entertainments like the swimming pool,elephant ride,horse ride, bird watching ,boating and fishing at the pond were enjoyed by the kids so much that they asked me to extend our stay which I could not but wish to come back again.
Ethnic food was excellent.Owner Mr Tridib Sharma took personnel care to all the guests and his keenness to get feedback for improvement of service is commemdable.They should think about some entertainig evening programme like Folk Dance and Music with performers from nearby villages which can add more charm to this wonderful family resort .

2  Thank Aniruddha-Ujjal
Tridibsarma, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thanks for the excellent review. We are overwhelmed to know that your family liked the Resort so much. We take special note of your suggestion to have evening cultural programs. You will be pleased to know orherwise that we have already started evening activities like table-tennis, badminton, housie, and play recoreded music and movies. Look forward to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Brahmaputra - the kids had so much fun swimming and looking at the elephant and horse. The food was wonderful and the room we had was very comfortable. Service was slightly slow, but if you ordered dinner at 5pm for 7pm it was there - always fresh and delicious! Our 5 month old daughter had her first swim in the pool - it was very clean and well maintained. We loved the fact that the place had lots of swings and that there were activities for the kids to do. Our room was quiet - except for the occasional monkey :-) - and we slept very well at night. The AC functioned, the TV had what the kids wanted and we got our value for money, considering we booked the tickets and the room the night before we left! We were glad to have a pick up and drop to and from the airport since we were traveling with small kids and luggage.
All in all a very nice holiday at a very nice resort. Would recommend it to anyone who travels with their families.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tridibsarma, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

we are indebted to you for the excellent review. It is really heartening to know that your family enjoyed the stay so much. We totally agree with you that service takes a little longer. The fact is the rooms are spread over a huge area of 15 acres, every inch of which is hilly terrain. We also cannot effort to have more than one kitchen right now. But we will definitely try to find out ways and means to reduce the time taken to serve the guests. Looking forward to serve you in the future also.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Nice stay in Brahmaputra Jungle Resort. Such A short trip. All things are good. Staff behavior, Hotel ambiance, amenities, just awesome. I will visit again. place is away from the city. peaceful. good to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Somnath1978

Thank you so much for the pain to write the review. It is heartening to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serve you in the future also.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed in room 104, between previously-lauded rooms 103 and 105, larger than them, air-conditioned. The bed was firm but not hard. The shower water pressure was strong. The TV has very few English language programs--I suggested they add more so English-language people wouldn't feel cut-off and could stay longer.

The room service menu has excellent 'traditional' (ie, Assamese) cooking--I liked the ari fish best.

The elephant doesn't have any elephant company, and therefore seems to appreciate human friendliness, is curious. Wonderful creatures. And this one gives rides to children or adults around the small lake the resort has.

The manager let me use a plug-in modem for wifi access, but they don't have enough of them, and so when one guest wants it, another guest has to give it up. You can't use a modem from mainland India--the system is different in Assam, and you're not likely to be there long enough to justify purchasing another modem, so they should come up with a system of deposits paid for modems, and these deposits returned when you return the modem upon departure.

The proprietor must be congratulated on his vision for the place--a waterfall, lake, swimming pool, gardens, rooms AC and non-AC, elephant rides--he's done a lot. I enjoyed my time there.

Duration: I was there six nights due to cancellation of another program, and I plugged this into that time slot. I think a stay of three nights or so is what I would do next time. It's definitely a relaxing place to be.

Room Tip: I liked room 104. I've seen previous guests recommend rooms 103 and 105, which are next door...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tridibsarma, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Moved to know that you enjoyed your stay. We have taken serious note of your two specific suggestions and have taken the following corrective measures : we have increased the number of English channels in the cable TV, and we have kept a couple of internet dongles for the use of our guests. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serve you in the future also.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

if you want to spend a day near Guwahati & still be far away from the hustle & bustle, this sure is the place. It is a surprise to turn of the main highway & suddenly find your self in a mini hill station near tea gardens and near the Amchang Wildlife sanctuary. Good prompt service. i opted for the ethnic cottage which was a nice experience. i must also add that some of my negative feedback was promptly attended to. Well appreciate that

Room Tip: if you are a naturalist, go for the ethnic cottage with excellent views and good birding. be sure yo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. A special word of thanks for sharing with us a couple of our shortcomings, thereby giving us the opportunity to rectify them. Shall look forward to serve you during your next visit to this region by this year end. Regards.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed there for a night only with family upon recommendations of friends and internet reviews. But I realized after my stay there that I missed the opportunity to stay a little long. Only a single word of recommendation 'PERFECT'.

Room Tip: Bamboo hut no. 1 is on the quieter and remote side of the resort with a great view.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Infrastructure wise we know that we are far behind from perfection. Our USP is closeness to nature, wilderness, crude and rusticity - thanks for appreciating the same. Looking forward to serve you in the future also. Regards.