All reviews elephant ride tea garden swimming pool executive cottage nature lovers small lake guwahati city air rifle shooting table tennis recreational activities big area natural water sarma owner mr perfect destination vehicle parking the main highway
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have visited BJR on 26/10/12 and stayed there at R3 room for two nights. Apparently the resort has been located at a nice place. The rooms are nice, tidy and the quality of food are better than average. The staffs are more or less helpful and hospitable. I had a very awful experience when I booked a car for local site seeing. Initially I was told that a full day car bookings will cost approx Rs. 1000/- for local site seeing but at time of booking in the resort, I came to know that apart from Rs. 1000/- I also have to pay Rs. 5.50 for each km I shall travel along with garage in & out. I request all on goers to take note of this issue as otherwise your cost may increase.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sgn03
Tridibsarma, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thanks for choosing Brahmaputra Jungle Resort and special thanks for your review. It is heartening to know that you otherwise appreciated our property and enjoyed your stay. Your dissatisfaction regarding handling of your transportation has been seriously taken note by the management. Look forward to serve you in the future also.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Visited BJR from 19.10.2012 to 21.10.2012 with parents. As it is on a hillock the overall view surrounding the resort is enchanting. Particularly the view from the seat out of room no 103 (RCC deluxe) of the new block was awesome. But the local management seems to have no botheration about the maintenance of the resort. The geyser of the room was defunct, the basin had cracks and the hand shower was not functioning as it should be. Of course the service was prompt and courteous.
It is better not to talk about the quality of food. Rotten chicken pieces were served. Even the egg curry contained pieces of bones. The rice was never BASMATI though they charged for the same.While serving food health and hygiene of the guests should be the prime concern of the management. An overall revamping of the local management and in particular of the kitchen staff should be undertaken on war footing, if the BJR management is interested to retain its quality and class. The overall experience is better to be forgotten.

Room Tip: Go for RCC deluxe room no. 103 or 105 in the new block. Remember all the rooms have no seat outs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amitava_11

Thanks for your review. Thanks for your appreciation of the location and our service. We have taken serious note of your concerns about house keeping and the kitchen management. We also appreciate your gesture of calling us over phone and for giving us your suggestions for improvement. Nice to know that you are planning to stay in our Resort again in March'13 and visit Pabitora Wildlife Sanctuary. We look forward to serve you than and promise that we will not give you any scope to be unhappy.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had gone there with my wife just before the rainy season started. My friend and his wife were also there. Although there is nothing bad to write about this place, there is still the usual problem of insects in the room ( you tend to expect that when you are in a jungle ) and geyzer not working sometimes.

The main issue is that it is far from the city. if you are just going to hang on in one place and practically do nothing then this place is ideal and yes one thing good about this place is the owner. He is a cool guy

Room Tip: Take the RCC delux room in the first floor.. Although trifle expensive i guess those were the best rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort with my wife and found it to be excellent value for money. A calm and friendly environment with personalized service gives me great satisfaction. It has a very homely, jovial atmosphere and the management is extremely hospitable and helpful. I have stayed many a time here at least 15-18 days every month since last year.

Location is very good, its jungle resort in the true sense. The tea garden views from the rooms are awesome.

I love to visit this place again & again and also recommended this to my friends and colleagues. Recently one of my colleagues Chandresh visited the resort with his family and was very happy with the stay and hospitality of the Management and said that it’s a perfect place for holidaying.

I thank Brahmaputra Jungle Resort for a wonderful stay each time I have visited.
If you visit Guwahati then you must visit this place for a memorable stay.
I personally thank Tridib Ji (Owner of BJR) for his personal care that he has extended for each of stay of mine.

Regards,

Vijay Tanna
Siliguri

Room Tip: The Exective Rooms 01 & 02 are my favourite as i have been staying in these rooms since last year at least thrice a month.Rooms are big and will give you a feeling of home.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I visited this place on 1st August with my wife with a plan to stay there for 2 days & 1 night. the atmosphere was very beautiful & cool. we booked a deluxe room & the room service & condition of the room was also very satisfactory. But after that all our impression for this resort went to hell. when we had our launch. As we are vegeterian I ordered all veg items but I found A chicken bone on my mix veg.and after that I decided not to stay for a second longer and returned from there giving them Rs 3100 for staying 3 hours. and I will never visit this place again

• Stayed: August 2012
Rajendratripathi, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Really surprised with the incident - how it could happen? We have separate veg & non veg sections in our kitchen. We also have separate storage facilities. I personally investigated the incident and found that a disgruntled worker in the kitchen unhappy with the chef because he was refused leave, might have done this intentionally. He has been sacked. I am sure it can never happen again. TRIDIB SARMA, owner of Brahmaputra Jungle Resort.