“Hotel Review”

and 1 more site!
Brahmaputra Jungle Resort
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Guwahati
Reviewed December 24, 2011

An OK place to spend a night or two at the most. It is quite outside Guwahati--about 45 kms away. We stayed here as we were to visit Pabitora Wild Life Sanctuary that was an hour's drive and closer that Guwahati city. The rooms are clean and comfortable. However if one is touchy about cleanliness, than toilets are not up to the level. Cracked Basin. Leaking and non functional hot water tap of the basin. Room Service is good. There is no restaurant.

Room Tip: Nothing special to choose from
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort and found it to be excellent value for money. A calm and friendly environment with personalized service gives me great satisfaction when I stay there on trips requiring such environment.
R B Barman

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My friend’s family and my family (altogether 4 of us) had a wonderful stay at this quaint, lovely guest house in Guwahati (around 1.5 hrs drive from main city). It has a very homely, affable atmosphere and the management is extremely hospitable and helpful. We stayed here for 2 days. Location is very good. This place is a bit outside of the city. Perfect place for holidaying. If you are travelling during summer please go for AC rooms. It’s very hot and uncomfortable for non-AC rooms. Food is Ok .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2011

It is a jungle resort in the true sense. Very homely atmosphere. Co-operative staff. Lot of exciting activities. Best part - owner's contact no. prominently displayed in the room with a note : in case of any eventuality please feel free to contact him at any hour. Would definitely love to visit again and also to recommend all my friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This place is 15 km or so out of Guwahati. We were put up here for one night as part of a tour. It's a smallish place with a swimming pool & some other activities. The staff are not used to foreign tourists & rather poorly trained. There is a veranda where we were able to get gin & soft drinks, and they even had a bottle of Indian red wine to go with our dinner. Dinner was very good, including duck curry, difficult to find in India. However, the room was not clean, and worse, when we went to retire late in the evening, we discovered the bed linen was dirty. We resorted to sleeping on top of the bed cover. The room did have a ceiling fan & ac (which we don't use). There was hot water in the bathroom, together with eccentric Indian plumbing. I complained to the owner about the room the next day, receiving no apology except being offered a complimentary glass of fruit juice. I can't think of any reason to stay here really.

Room Tip: Stay at a good hotel in Guwahati instead
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank spentbrothers
Rajendratripathi, Owner at Brahmaputra Jungle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

I had personally visited the room of the guest next morning to enquire about his comfort without knowing his problems. There was definitely a big short coming and I apologise for that. Infact I have put my personal mobile no. prominently in all rooms with a note that 'the owner can be contacted at any time for any problem'. Everyday, every moment we strive for improvement and we welcome criticisms from our guests.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I visited the so called Resort in August with my family. The rooms are dirty, smelly or may be the most horrible experience you can think of. The food was pathetic. Not a great place to go for. The linel, towels are unhygenic..gives you a feeling that not washed at all. The food is OK bu the cleaniness of table, plates, glasses is horribe. The remains of the food fom the lunch were still lying on the table.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I booked this hotel for a family vacation seeing some good reviews in this forum and I regretted it after my trip.

This place is far off from Guwahati city (45 kms from the airport), in the middle of a jungle off the highway. The property is unkempt - probably to give you the feel of a "jungle". The staff include unprofessional youth who have no idea what "service" means. While our room was average in cleanliness and comfort, the room service was below expectation. Only positive thing we remember is that we had some good Assamese food that we normally don't get in our city.

This hotel also organized a car with driver for me to move around and that was another atrocious experience. The driver spoke foul language that would shame truck drivers. And during our city site-seeing tour when I asked him to take us to a shop that sold Asam silk, his retort was "how am I supposed to know where it is?" :-( :-( :-(. We got another driver next day but I was not happy with him either.

I believe this is a place for companies in Guwahati for conducting their off-site business meetings and trainings. It is not for travellers. Purely personal opinion from what I saw and felt.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family