“Give it a miss!”
Review of Pragati Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guwahati
Pragati Manor
Ranked #11 of 94 Guwahati B&B and Inns
“Give it a miss!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Was compelled to stay here since it was a corporate booking! The hotel has it shares of positives – located in a prime area and close proximity to commercial areas, staff is pleasant & courteous and the reception area and the exteriors are done well. But once you enter your room, the notion is dispelled. Not that clean, food is really sad – be it the room service or the breakfast buffet. It just upset my stomach & finally had one of meals at the Pizza Hut that is right opposite to the place. There was some construction going on one of the floors & hence was a disturbance.
Wish the money that was spent on the décor in the lobby and common areas was spent on ensuring better hygiene and food!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times. I liked it when it began and wrote so. But, my most recent visit was disappointing. I understand renovation is on, but maintenance must be a continued effort. Infrastructure is breaking apart and the current facilities do not justify the rate. The toilets must be in conformation with modern needs- dry areas must remain dry. The breakfast place was most disappointing. It was dark and dingy. Some foreigners commented as well. Mornings should be bright and fresh. I just hope, on my next stay I would be happy

Room Tip: In a city like Guwahati it is too much to look for a view; ask for a backside room to avoid noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Guwahati hotels

Imphal, India
Reviewed February 11, 2014

One of the best hotels with clean environment and friendly staff. food was hygienic and tasty for health conscious persons like me. Overall good hotel for all types of travelers including those on family trip, safety is a plus point compared to other good but cheaper hotels where solo traveling is more suitable.

Room Tip: If you do not have time to try different hotels at Guwahati due to time constraints, do not think tw...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Delhi
Reviewed February 1, 2014

On 29th January 2014, at 22:30hrs I checked in at Hotel Pragati Manor, at room no. 511. The room smelt of a chemical factory, and the bellboy suggested that it was because of pesticide treatment. They refused to change my room. I was bitten by at least 30 bedbugs all over my body, and have allergic rashes. Never ever I have experienced this kind of bedbug infested hotels at Guwahati or other cities of India. The hotel manager then shifted me to a different room, but by that time, allergic reactions had started in my body. Please be very careful before you chose to stay at this hotel. It was terrible experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dipankar_Pakhi
Aizawl, India
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have never bothered to write reviews of hotels I have stayed in. However I had a very irritating experience this evening while trying to book a room here at Aizawl and hence Ive decided to pen a few lines about the ones I've stayed in. I stayed at Pragati Manor twice ,once in 2012 and the latter in mid 2013. Both times my flight was canceled and had to find accommodation and you can imagine I wasnt in a very good mood uopn reaching the hotel. To my surprise all my anger disappeared once I faced the very polite and courteous receptionists. I took the only available room at the time ( I dont remember what kind of room it was but I paid Rs 3500+ for it excluding food). The room was good and had a large bed with very clean sheets, something many hotels in this part of India neglect on a grand scale. The TV couldve been better and the bathroom was uninviting, if you know what I mean. Room service however was out of this world. It was fast and the food was great. The choice of breakfast was limited but good nonetheless. My biggest disappointment was the cooling system - Guwahati during summer is really hot and with the prices I paid I was expecting a decent A/C but a cooler was installed. Parking is another hassle as negotiaitng the spaces between the pillars at the ground level is a job in itself. All in all slightly overpriced considering that there was no A/C in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank raylalmuana
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Though it is on main road of Guwahati but it is very badly maintained hotel. The rooms are not well planned for a business traveler. I could not even find a working plug in room to charge mobile and laptop. Room service is pathetic....after 1 hr I called to check on my order the simple reply was that we forgot out your order.

Room Tip: Think before you book this hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sanjaya27
Kolhapur, India
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The good part of this hotel is its location. Situated in center of the city on GS Road, it is quiet convenient. The rooms are little cramped up but well appointed. The bathroom again is small sized, but well equipped. The service is good and staff courteous. The complimentary buffet breakfast was again fairly good with sufficient spread. The restaurant food is of good quality and taste. Overall it considering price, it offers good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family