“Decent”
Review of Pragati Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guwahati
Pragati Manor
Ranked #10 of 102 Guwahati B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have never bothered to write reviews of hotels I have stayed in. However I had a very irritating experience this evening while trying to book a room here at Aizawl and hence Ive decided to pen a few lines about the ones I've stayed in. I stayed at Pragati Manor twice ,once in 2012 and the latter in mid 2013. Both times my flight was canceled and had to find accommodation and you can imagine I wasnt in a very good mood uopn reaching the hotel. To my surprise all my anger disappeared once I faced the very polite and courteous receptionists. I took the only available room at the time ( I dont remember what kind of room it was but I paid Rs 3500+ for it excluding food). The room was good and had a large bed with very clean sheets, something many hotels in this part of India neglect on a grand scale. The TV couldve been better and the bathroom was uninviting, if you know what I mean. Room service however was out of this world. It was fast and the food was great. The choice of breakfast was limited but good nonetheless. My biggest disappointment was the cooling system - Guwahati during summer is really hot and with the prices I paid I was expecting a decent A/C but a cooler was installed. Parking is another hassle as negotiaitng the spaces between the pillars at the ground level is a job in itself. All in all slightly overpriced considering that there was no A/C in the room.

1  Thank rlmn

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Though it is on main road of Guwahati but it is very badly maintained hotel. The rooms are not well planned for a business traveler. I could not even find a working plug in room to charge mobile and laptop. Room service is pathetic....after 1 hr I called to check on my order the simple reply was that we forgot out your order.

Room Tip: Think before you book this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Sanjaya27
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The good part of this hotel is its location. Situated in center of the city on GS Road, it is quiet convenient. The rooms are little cramped up but well appointed. The bathroom again is small sized, but well equipped. The service is good and staff courteous. The complimentary buffet breakfast was again fairly good with sufficient spread. The restaurant food is of good quality and taste. Overall it considering price, it offers good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mandar78
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed here on and off form a number of years. It is not a brilliant hotel, but its not bad either, somewhere in between. The restaurant is pretty decent, the rooms are of a good size, it's staff is friendly and take care of your needs and try and help you as much as they can. The breakfast is not great. It is located in a very central part of the city - so if you want to eat out you can actually walk to a number of restaurants. I would have liked it more if it had a gym.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank moho_c
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been to this hotel a number of times as my company has agreement with them. Though located on the G S Road - a central location in present day Guwahati - the hotel seems to be a squeezed property. Starting from the entrance - where your vehicle will be crammed for space while dropping you - the whole property is not having any open space in its campus. First, parking of your vehicle is a problem, then taking it our again may be a bigger problem. The frontage is so small and insignificant that you may miss it out all together and cross the hotel.

The staff however is polite and courteous, food is ok. Rooms are generally clean but small in size. Toilets average but clean. Quality of toileteries are very basic. However, during some of my stays no hot water was available in the bath room and it was provided in bucket. The bath water also ran out of the bathroom to the main room.

Management is a bit slack - every time I arrive at this hotel I found some or the other basic items (such as hand towels, fruit basket etc and once even no blanket was provided) which you have to ask for. However on asking for the same - they provide a prompt service.

Views from the room is nothing to write about - all the congested and filthy lanes and small concrete structures around the hotel. The only super benefit is the location of this hotel which is very convenient.

However, if I have to book myself - I shall cetainly prefer other nearby hotel (Hotel Gateway) over this for superior comfort and quality of rooms and services.

1  Thank pathakan
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is one hotel were I end up going again and again. I really like the warmth of staff and food quality here.
Location is one very big advantage for this hotel. its in the heart of the city. so again very good.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The staff of the hotel are very courteous, and the same can't be said of other hotels in Guwahati.
This was my 2nd hotel booking here, but I'm very impressed by the overall ambience of the hotel.
The staff always remember your preferences and work accordingly.
The rooms are very clean and quiet.
The complementary breakfast was quite good and healthy.
I also managed to get a good discount on the published rent, which was icing on the cake.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family