Pragati Manor
$82
Hotel Sagar(Guwahati)
$43
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe heart of the citybusiness hotelmini barfront officeroom service isanju
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is one hotel were I end up going again and again. I really like the warmth of staff and food quality here.
Location is one very big advantage for this hotel. its in the heart of the city. so again very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The staff of the hotel are very courteous, and the same can't be said of other hotels in Guwahati.
This was my 2nd hotel booking here, but I'm very impressed by the overall ambience of the hotel.
The staff always remember your preferences and work accordingly.
The rooms are very clean and quiet.
The complementary breakfast was quite good and healthy.
I also managed to get a good discount on the published rent, which was icing on the cake.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I found this hotel average. Rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable. Service also good. Reception people are polite and cordial and extend nice hospitality. Food quality is OK. Main attraction is its location on G S Road from where you can move easily to any part of the city. Shopping malls and multiplex are nearby. You can find good restaurants nearby. Overall my stay was comfortable and I may look forward for staying again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed in this hotel couple of times. I will continue to stay in this hotel even though the room rent per night is little on the higher side. This property is maintained well and located in GS road where you can find nice place for shopping, multiplex is also not far away from this place, you will find quality restaurants nearby. Even though the wooden floored rooms smells ok the carpeted ones smells damp. Staffs are friendly and professional by Guwahati standard. I will definitely stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelAddictVagabond
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recently I visited Guwahati for work pupose & with few travel agent reccommendation I put up for 1 night at Hotel Pragati Manor. It was like a nightmare come true. The rooms were still nice.. it was clean & the AC was effective enough to quickly chill the room as the temperature was almost 38 degrees high! But the food quality was very bad & we were very hungry & was dissappoointed to get badly prepared food. We had ordered for pasta..full of cheese but no good taste...next day morning was the most horrible experience.. we ordered for toast with Tea. We got it but without salt & pepper & without any knife to spread the butter!! Now , if we call for the same .. by the time our tea & toast would go cold!! We had to use the back side of our tea spoon for the purpose. Then , more horrifying thing happend when I went for a shower.. & almost had to come out screaming with burnt legs as the water in the shower was too hot & till date have have black mark of the burn in my right leg!!
I complained to the manager.. they were all expressionless.. as if what a bif fool I am to make a complain..
When I was getting my bill ready .. I overheard another guest complaing & arguing that the hotel had promised him certain amount of discount before checking in & now they are backing out of it...
This cautioned me .. & i quickly checked if i was getting my promised discount..yes they had given me so..
but I have said that that was my first & last stay with them. I am a travel agent myself & will never ever let any of my customer stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business