“Great Place”

Ranked #1 of 93 Guwahati B&B and Inns
Calcutta
“Great Place”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have been to Guwahati thrice and two out of three times I have made my stay at this guest house and it anyday is better than staying in a hotel. It has all the facilities of a hotel and the best part is that you will not feel as if you are away from home. All facilities are provided and the people too are very cooperative and its equivalent to staying in a hotel. Its location (providing a river view) awesome and is another nice thing about the guest house. I would recommend anyone visiting Guwahati to stay at this place and myself would always go for it whenever I am going there next. Thank You Mr. Manoj for all the cooperation and making me feel at home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was in Guwahati on work for a couple of days and headed to Aaditya Riverview Guest House hearing of its locality. It's located away from the bustle of the city and yet all conveniences are within the locality. Right across the road is the Brahmaputra river and the area has a nice coffee shop, broad tree lined roads. Exactly the kind of localities I prefer.

As far as service goes, the food is great and very unlike a hotel, customisable to certain extents. Manoj, is a great host and will try and make your stay as comfortable as possible. I'm sure to be back here if I'm ever in Guwahati again.

Room Tip: River facing rooms would be best if budget permits.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I was traveling on work and I needed a space where I could both do my work and relax. The guest house is particularly suited for this. It is very homely — the food is great. The accommodation is quiet and comfortable. It was on the whole a very homely experience — I did not feel I was traveling abroad or had to deal with errands related to travel. Great facilities, great location — I will be back soon. Home away from Home!!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 1, 2011

A serene and cozy accomodation in a prime location of the city. You can customise your meals and feel you are at home. Manoj, the owner, is a nice human being and caring. The tariff is quite reasonable and one leaves with an overall feeling of satisfaction of a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Riverview, of course
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We booked this hotel for a 2 weeks stay in Guwahati for official work. We started by staying in a different hotel, but felt really uncomfortable and were looking for something homely for our long stay. And we found this lovely guest house! Riverview guest house is not a luxury place. Yet, we will always remember it fondly for the time we spent there.

Located in Uzan Bazaar adjoining the banks of the Brahmaputra River, it offers you everything you might expect for a comfortable stay. We had a room with a view of the River and Umananda. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the food was nice and right across the road from the guest house was the river bank.

It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this small family-run guest house. The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they really make you feel at home. The price is also at par, or maybe even lower than other good hotels in the city.

It was a relaxing and quiet place and being there simply felt like home. If we ever have to go to Guwahati for work or leisure, this is the place we would stay at and we highly recommend it. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The Guest House owner, young Manoj Goswami is the USP of the place. He personally supervises all arrangements. Some rooms have a splendid view of the mighty Brahmaputra River, which makes this centrally located guest house in Guwahati a wonderful ambience. Don't expect five-star stuff, but rooms and toilets and spic-n-span, well trained staff take care of all needs and at these moderates rates I don't think you can get similar accommodation in too many places. We asked for homely meals both nights of our stay and were rewarded with some traditional Assamese fish curries, delectably cooked. I was more than satisfied.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I thought this was a great place to stay particularly because of the location- a quiet neighborhood on the river with great walking and accessibility to sites and the bustling city. Our host was fun to speak with and breakfast was satisfying. Staff was available to meet our needs and food could be prepared at times other than breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple