“Mayur Hotel, guwahati, advance booking”
Review of Mayur Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guwahati
Mayur Hotel
Ranked #49 of 61 Hotels in Guwahati
Bengaluru, India
“Mayur Hotel, guwahati, advance booking”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Good hotel, I had the misfortune to checkout on designated date, as per my pre booked Bus Ticket for onward journey to Silchar, but on reaching Bus Stop, was informed that busses cancelled due to ethnic clashes enroute. So, had to come back to city and book another hotel - which was way below dignified human expectaions for a higher price.
Mayur Hotel is one the best places to stay in Guwahati. Very near to the Railway station and cost effective - value for money accomodation.

Room Tip: Please select Deluxe Rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank AmlanRoy2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed August 5, 2012

It was our first time in Guwahati, we arrived Guwahati unplanned and had no clue of the room rents and the hotel services provided here in Guwahati. We had landed up in a hotel (not Mayur) with a big price tag. Unfortunately and unexpectedly, that hotel turned out to be too in-hospitable, dirty and unhealthy. We had to to shift, and we shifted to Mayur - the cheaper, cleaner, hospitable, homely home away from home. Bests to Mayur.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sudiptochoudhury
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I arrived from Kolkata on summer 2012, and I stayed on this hotel for 1 days i have to move to Shillong. Before moving to Shillong I asked to book 3 rooms for our family, and they booked non-ac with security deposit of Rs 1000 each. After form Shillong when we entered the room then we have see the room was so smelly, dirty and unhygienic. there were various insects in the room. When we complaint about all these things to the staff they deny all this things and even did not provide us the better room instead of this. they said that there are rooms but we have to pay double charge.Also they didn't checked the room in front of us, when we checked out they checked the room and said that bathroom has been broken. But it was from very begaining and we were saying about this to staff they simply denied and also they said us that nobody is complaining why are we complaining only . Now they were charging the double amount form us, when we denied that we have not this they were just not listening and giving threatening to us. Though they are charging 1000/- security for each room still they demanded extra 1200/- for property damage as mentioned by them. They are having the rooms but when a customer is in require of the best room they charged double money from them which is a cheating. Even the staff are so rude, that they cannot speak good words. We were felling so helpless and they were taking the benefit of our situation. The staff did not provide any service when asked for. I strictly recommend all customers not to stay in this hotel as they are cheating peoples in the daytime. they are just a type of dacoit. I will rate this hotel as -5 points. The staff of mayur are so worst than before. They Don't know any hospitality. In paltan bazar area there are many hotels, so please avoid this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
24 Thank preety2012

Travelers are raving about these Guwahati hotels

Shillong
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I was Travelling by Train from Guwahati to New Delhi as I had to take my Mother for treatment. I had reached pretty late as there was heavy traffic from Shillong and was concerned about her condition. Our train was at 7 in the morning, I approached the Hotel and asked for a room. I was ready to pay for whatever tariff they ask and whatever room I get. My mother infact is an IAS Officer and I'm also an Engineer. However as soon as I approached the Front Desk, they just refused to even attend to me and infact it took 20 mins for some staff to condescendingly refused me a room and said no rooms were available. What got me angry was when another person who also had no reservation entered 30 mins after me, asked for a room and they gave him a room with a smile.When I asked for the Manager they started shooeing me out of the hotel. I was brimming in anger but refused to fight keeping my mother's condition in mind. I have stayed in many 5 stars in my 27 years, but have never been shooed away and that also by such a low scale budget hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel before you all get shooed away also.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
15 Thank karikor
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I had a misfortune of venturing into Mayur Hotel, Guwahati this autumn. I was returning from Shillong and needed a hotel for our 2 days' stay in Guwahati. At first they denied me of any room although I had booked the room in advance. The cheating policy of the hotel is if you want to book a room they'll assure that they've a room and will ask you to come over to the hotel though they'll not confirm your booking over phone. But when you'll reach the hotel they'll deny that they've booked any room for you. After much persuasion they showed a very shabby room. Though it was a A.C. room but the A.C. wasn't working. They said that they will charge INR 100 less due to that and this is the only room that they got. Though I needed an A.C. room but fearing that I may not get another room so I asked my wife to stay in the room and I informed the reception that I want to look elsewhere for the room but requested them to allow my wife to be in the room and in case I don't get anything better I'll take this one. They allowed me and I found a better room. But when I came back to fetch my wife and luggage I just heard that they've literally threw my wife out of the room. When I asked at the reception what's the meaning of this the reception shamefully denied that they've permitted my wife to be in the room. My suggestion to all fellow travelers is that avoid Mayur hotel like plague and try some other hotels around. There are lots of good hotels in the neighborhood. I went to Mayur hotel after hearing a lot of recommendations but by my experience I realized that the old days of Mayur hotel is gone and the new management is nothing but a bunch of cheats.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Satty2060
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This hotel is close to ASTC bus stand and railway station. the staff is well trained and room are clean and tidy. Avoid the food as it is not wort money.We can definitely say that it is one of the most well maintained hotel in guwahati, well trained staff, 24 hours room services, standard reception services,lift, high-class interior, comfortable beds and all modern sanitary and bath fittings. Come and have a stay on MAYUR and feel its charmness

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Pallavgoswami
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The hotel is a cheap choice (room rates are as low as INR 350 per day) for travelers as it is located very close to the railway station and the taxi stand (for Shillong, Airport etc.)

It is usually full and it can be extremely irritating to deal with the reception. Rooms are unclean, insist on fresh linen. However, there is power back-up and basic television. Before you settle down in a room, check the loo.

Have never stayed for more than a few hours. Not recommended for tourists. Instead choose Nandan.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo