“Nice place but remotely located”

Ginger Hotel Guwahati
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Guwahati
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It is a good business hotel with all the required facility. Clean Rooms and Toilets. Food Good. Only drawback is you need to have your own vehicle or an arrangement for pickup and drop as hotel is remotely located

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 1, 2013

plss plss dont come to this hotel.. we checked in at 29th june 11pm lte night. our flight was late. there was no one to receave us. and food was pathetic.
wen we checked in the rooms.. was shocked to see the states.. the AC is horrible just like the staff.
next morning woke up at 10am and then went fr buffet breakfast arranged fr us in our package.. and the manager says U R LATE sir.. no breakfast fr u.. breakfast only till 11 am now lunch time.. so pay fr it. so asked fr chicken spl thali. which came aftr 30 mins food below standard and wen i asked fr one more chapati the waiter refused..

They are pathetic and only have a Cafe Coffee Day inside the hotel where no one comes ..

the reception staff doesnt know how to smile the room keeping has to be asked.. theres no one o collect your laundry u have to carry it to the reception all by urself.. No one o Iron your clothes do it urself .. a iron is kpt there centrally.. n also if u feel thirsty u have to fill your own bottles from the camper... such is the hospitality... No gud scenery no BAR to serve drinks they are simply the worst i will never come again neither will ask anyone to visit this hotel its a MINUS 3 star rather than it claims 3 star.. the worst part iam still here in the hotel checking out tomorrw

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Risheesh
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel though rates are high offer very poor services.
It took me lot of time to reach here and after that no one was even here to help me with my luggage. Wi-Fi never worked properly. Even they didn't serve me extra water and asked to go and fill it myself. Food was pathetic. Even toilet was not in gud state.

So this was my worst experience
I'll never come back to this hotel
So i request any senior officer of this hotel chain seeing my review kindly work to improve it

Diwakar

Diwakar

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dkumar246007
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Everything is o.k, but
there is no breakfast include.
We stayed one night lass than we planned, but it is no refund.
It was mentioned Offer applied: Book 15 days in advance and gets 12% discount - I booked the room on 4 June, for (24-28 June) there is no sign of discount.
If you want me to advertised - please do like you had mentioned.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We reached very late around midnight really tired and were made to wait almost 15 mins at the reception while he kept typing on and on his computer entering data before we were finally provided with the electronic access card. We had heavy luggage and no one even helped us out with it. Only thing I was thankful for was that they packed dinner for us upon request and left it in our room before we reached that night.

But apart from that, the room service seemed non existent. If you ask for drinking water they'll tell you to fill up your bottles from the pantry on your floor. If you ask to pick up the laundry they'll tell you to carry it till the reception to deposit it. I agree with everyone else here about the WiFi signal being hopelessly low.

Also the place was really far away from the city, do not recommend it for people without their own means of transport. Luckily we had our own, except on the last day. The airport is around 35 kms and takes an hour on a good day, and during peak hours so is Railway station. The hotel arranged taxi was really expensive and charged us Rs. 900 for airport drop.

The rooms are clean and spacious, the LCD TV couldn't be any smaller. Bathrooms are clean but really small and the fittings are good and the pressurized shower was a plus. Breakfast was crowded with more people and less place to sit. Was my first experience with Ginger hotel chain, and chose this place hoping for a good service and quality but I'm sure you can get much better place and service in much better location in the city at the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

They should seriously stop calling themselves a hotel because they have no idea how to run one. I was surprised when they made me wait for 48 mins for a check-in even after having made a reservation a day earlier. Then, I was given a room that was under maintenance. To further add salt to the wound, the receptionist had the audacity to walk past me without having the slightest courtesy and decency to apologize for the delay in failing to provide me a hassle free check-in. I wonder which hotel school they graduated from and who hired them, because they for sure didn't possess the basic knowledge of hospitality ( referring to both of the receptionists and the manager in charge of that fateful night). One last point, TATA owns and successfully operates one of the best luxury hotels in India and in the world, I guess they made an operational exception with Ginger Hotel, Guwahati (Assam). Take a picnic basket the next time you want to check in, cos they'll make you wait.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were there for a day for a business trip. The place was new to us so I chose not to experiment much and go with a safer option. Ginger property is not new to me and I was aware of their excellent hospitality at such a throw away price. Overall as expected had nice breakfast,lunch. The only downside was the wifi getting disconnected abruptly. On complaining at reception, I was informed TCS guys are working on it, and I just turned back knowing it will not be up soon.
Not much of a hassle, would recommend. The property is located in a bit secluded area off GS road by about 3 Km. It is almost 10-12 Km from Railway Station. One will get complementary drop to GS Road intersection from the hotel and can manage onward commutation by Auto/.Taxi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business