“Nice basic Assamese food”
Review of Paradise

Paradise
Ranked #2 of 738 Restaurants in Guwahati
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the city, Paradise is the pioneering restaurant in Guwahati serving Traditional Assamese Cuisine since 1984. Paradise offers its very popular and delicious Parampara Thaali which is a 3 course meal. A comprehensive thaali which gives our guests a sense of what Traditional Assamese Cuisine is. Besides the Thaali, we have exquisite Ala Carte items such as food cooked in Bamboo Hollow, Smoked dishes, Steamed dishes. Gooseberry Soup is something that is a must try when you visit Paradise! Come visit us to experience a Traditional Assamese Meal!
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We heard a lot about this place. Locals recommended that we must eat there becoz food is good.
So, we went for lunch and ordered Assamese thali. It was good, simple and very mildly spicy though couple of dishes we bit sour but they also tasted good. Lunch and dinner thali's are slightly i.e. variation of 2 or 3.
I felt food and taste was similar in comparison to couple of other places in city.
They have two floors, ground floor is basic and first floor is furnished better but they serve same food at both places.
Nothing spectacular about the place but if you want Assamese food, then is one of the place for you.
This is on busy GNB road, so parking is always an issue and you should keep this in mind.

1  Thank sapnakapoor

Reviewed June 14, 2013

...Yeah sing that aloud...and no, nothing that I did not like...for the price you pay, you've been served well :)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yeah, its assamese!! The food is not that bad too. But the music?? The same "Xunor kharu nalage muk" is being played over and over again! I mean, we god such a good collection of assamese classics! haven't we?

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hmmm how do I rate this experience.

We ordered Assamese Non Veg Thali which costed around Rs 180/- and for the cost I felt a little let down by the final quantity and variations of accompaniments ( I am not sure but I feel the waiter did ask if we wanted more rice not sure).

Overall the meal \thali did look good and tasted good, I found the food to be ok ok or just good and not exceptionally great ; but that could be subjective as my taste palette and someone else would be different.

The restaurant in itself has a good ambiance and a nice Assamese music was running in back drop.

The service was also decent and I really liked the fellow who took the order and served as he had a natural and genuine smile and happiness while serving you , that itself made up for any short coming in the food.

Ps: You need to mention Silphukuri street for some people to understand which hotel you are referring to :-)

1  Thank Dimitrz
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food here is over hyped because of its history, but given all the new competition that has come up, they will need to do more to pull in customers.

I much preferred Chef Atul Lakhars restaurants and Delicacy over Paradise.

1  Thank Karishma-Kim