“Tired hotel, poor service”

Hotel Brahamputra Ashok
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Guwahati
Mississippi
“Tired hotel, poor service”
Reviewed October 10, 2009

I stayed for 2 nights in Brahmaputra Ashok and for INR 5500/night I expected much more than what I got.....

The towels and bed sheets were gray by age and some were stained. The hallway outside my room (which was on the fourth floor and should be well isolated from the kitchen) smelled like curry. Breakfast was supposed to begin at 7:30am, but in the first morning the staff only began preparing at 7:45am when 5 guests were waiting around. In the second morning there wasn't even any sign that anyone was going to prepare the breakfast, and I had to ask the Reception before they could get me a bowl of cereal.

On my arrival pick-up, the transport manager who met me at the airport asked me to pay for the airport parking fee of INR 40. I was a bit surprised since I thought it was included in my travel package (verified by my travel agent later), but paid anyway. However, at my departure drop-off to the airport, the driver again asked for the INR 40 airport parking fee. I refused to pay this time as I didn't understand why my drop-off would require parking.

As nice as the river view might be, I'd be happy to give this hotel a miss.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank DearGlobe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)