All reviews swimming pool private beach perfect vacation destination beer or wine mr sanjay veg dishes wooden architecture premium room special arrangements candle light dinner on the beach fresh fish enjoy the beauty breakfast spread family vacation during low tide rooms are nice excellent property
Reviewed June 14, 2018

Well it has been long overdue to write the review based on the experience I had with the property. I was in Havelok during the November 0f 2016. The ambience and wood work of the rooms were quite impressive . The staff is polite and well trained. The Manager of the resort and the front desk staff were specially impressive. The food was a bit on the mark when it came to variety but overall it was good. Yes I paid a good amount of money and when I compare the ROI on it , it wad good. Wifi and no wifi and bit less of variety in food does not hurt especially when you want to travel far and away from mainland. At least it does not bother me . The behaviour of the staff and promptness matters and it was at its best . Property was clean and well maintained and the private beach was also good break from hustle bustle on other beaches.

Now why I named the review the way it is. This is because during my stay in Havelok there was a major storm that shut down the communication with the mainland stranding some 3000 tourist on the island for 3 days. For 3 days the Navy and other ships could not rescue the people out of the situation. In these testing times, the staff and the manger Mr Sanjay manned a cool head and provided for every bit of basic amenities for the guests. In fact technically most of us were not guests any more as we had checked out of the hotel to got the port for our onward journey. The panic set in when people came to know that transport to the mainland were cancelled due to extreme weather, every tourist was tense and confused.

CHOICE was between waiting in long lines for our turn , because there were many rumours about rescue ships coming any minute or look for a place to stay. The best resorts of the area , I would not name ..were flooded for they were near the beaches and most low-lying other resorts had four deep water running trough common area.

In this state of affairs also the staff of Coral reef ensured that when we went back looking for rooms they obliged. The meals were made on last day . The rooms were clean , telephone lines were running and most important they was no flooding in the resort.
Everyone was scared doing those times , but the staff maintained their Cool and kept to the high standards of hospitality. They kept helping out guests as more people poured in from other bigger properties with a SMILE on their faces amongst a panicky and stressed lot of tourists.

Siddhartha & Tripti

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sidmaveric120
Coralreefresorthl, General Manager at Coral Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Dear Siddharth,

Greetings !!!!!!!!!!

It gives me immense pleasure to receive this note from you and I am left with no words to express my gratitude for the lines of praise from your end. It makes me nostalgic when I recollect the moments of togetherness we spent during the days of panic and tension. You and Tripti were indeed so Co-operative and supported us in every little steps that were to be taken during the moments of crisis.Your review takes me back to memory lanes and brings back the moments when all of us used to sit on the lobby watching a movie or just gossiping to beat the tension within us, and the support all of u gave were commendable. I have shared your sentiments with my team and they have generously thanked you and Tripti for being a lovely Couple. We hope that we will definitely meet again in Coral Reef Resort to re unite and be in a much relaxed situation where I am sure both of you will enjoy our company as well as explore Havelock in a much better way than the previous one.
Thanks again for keeping in touch.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Awesome resort... very comfortable well mention. It has a beautiful beach. There were games near beach Side. They provide facility of special dinner and pool side dinner for this they charge extra.There swimming pool is just wow.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Coralreefresorthl, General Manager at Coral Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Hi Parvi,

Great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Havelock and would like to thank your for your review. It is always satisfying to hear that our guests have had a comfortable stay with us as we constantly strive to render the best of services to our most valued customers.I have shared your sentiments with my team which I am sure has motivated them to do even better in future. Thank you once again for your words of praise and hoping to get an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Anything is Havelok is expensive but the Coral Reef resort was a big letdown for the amount of money paid .

The rooms made mostly of wood were nicely done but everything else from toiletries to towels to bedsheets we're ordinary . There is no mobile range and WiFi was terrible .

The food was just decent while the pool which also had movie blaring out was again a letdown .

With very little quality accommodation available at Havelok this may be one of your very few so called up market options. So arrive with low expectations and enjoy the most beautiful ocean you can find anywhere on this universe .

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Coralreefresorthl, General Manager at Coral Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Hi Tamal,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your stay at our hotel last June. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we have been implementing many of these upgrades to the property with time . Our rooms have been furnished with new mattresses, bed sheets,window curtains,in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming hotel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Please reach out to me directly at [Gm@coralreefhavelock.in] if you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!
With much appreciation,

Reviewed June 1, 2018

this is the worst ever Resort i have come across in the entire Andaman Islands....No proper food is provided ......if you opt for All Meals Package then you will have to literally beg for food there....the Restaurant manager and the Gm of the Resort Mr. Sanjay doesn't even bother to speak to the guests and they are absolutely not interested in solving your complaints and if you complaint more than once then they send Bouncers to talk to you...so guys if you don't want to spoil your vacation then please don't go to this resort....

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank riteshvardhan

Dear Ritesh,

Thank you for taking your time out to review us on trip Advisor. It is unfortunate that we get such reviews despite rendering quality services to you. I would like to state here that you have been very harsh with your words but nevertheless I would like to remind you that
even after continuous communication about your package ( ie. Rooms with Breakfast only) , you were adamant and not ready to speak nor listen to anyone including me while we were trying to pay heed to your woes.The communications with you were very clear over mail and you were reluctant to co-operate from your end continuously forcing us to believe that you were on some meal package.You were also not ready to pay for your dues despite constant reminders from our team for which we have patiently co-operated with you till the time of check out. I am sorry to inform you that we at Coral Reef Resort do not believe in engaging bouncers to settle petty issues like these.We believe in facing the odd and satisfying our guests with their queries. I being the Gm state that I am totally satisfied with the amount of help that my staff and myself have extended towards you despite the total confusion caused during your stay at Coral Reef Resort

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Our stay at Coral Reef was very good, we had lovely rooms and the beach side was very relaxing. Kids had a very good time with all the variety of open activities offered here. The pool with a screen beside it was even more fun.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family

Hi Meghana,

Thank you for your brief but aspiring words that says it all. I am pleased to know that your stay with us was comfortable and that my team was able to satisfy you in all aspect. We at Coral Reef Resort have taken utmost care to make our property kids friendly by providing a variety of activities to engage the little ones and it is so satisfying to hear that they have had a good time along with you. Thank you again for taking your time out to review us on trip advisor. All the best and hope to see you soon.