the resort is really a dive centre with some rooms for those that need it. The rooms are fairly basic and small with just the bare minimum (we stayed at the top end tented cabana's)
1) At 2000INR its quite cheap
2) The tented cabana's are close to the beach and you can hear the surf
1) not very clean by most standards (we ended up cleaning the place and buying a new bucket and mug)
2) Mould on the tents can be a big problem for asthamatics
3) Ventilation is poor
Now for the rest: The dive centre and restaurant is what really gets the review points up
The Restaurant: Great food and really cheap the menu is quite varied and covers most tastes, Ask for what you want and it come the way you want it, among the many restaurants I've visited across the world Id say that this is the kind of restaurant I would go back to often..
The dive center: I think it the best place to learn diving this side of the world the instructors are great and make sure you feel comfortable... The dive sites are great and the Dive masters/instructors know the place backward.. when I dive in Andaman again it will be with Dive india..
Back to the resort, its not the kind of place you want to go with kids and family unless they are all divers, all there is to do is dive and laze around. all said its probably the best place for divers in Havelock.
- The diver food package is not worth it it's cheaper to just order what you want
- Take a lot of bug spary you will need it for the mosquitoes and flies
- Take a disinfectant and hand sanitizer (gives you mental peace)
- Dive everyday the sites are worth it there is a good 7+ days worth of diving at havelock
- Do a course there if you need it the instructors are the best from among those I've seen
- Also Known As:
- Island Vinnie`s Tropical Beach Cabana Hotel Havelock Island