Silver Sand Beach Resort
Munjoh Ocean Resort(Havelock Island)
$183
  • Breakfast included
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa(Havelock Island)
$380
Wild Orchid(Havelock Island)
$81
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Barefoot at Havelock(Havelock Island)
$187
  • Breakfast included
Cross Bill Beach Resort(Havelock Island)
  • Beachfront
Jalakara(Havelock Island)
Coral Reef Resort(Havelock Island)
V-Knot Residency(Havelock Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsandaman lagoonthe cottagesmanager mramazing experiencerelaxing holidayroom serviceport blairbeach resortsea foodrooms are spacioushotel staffsmall islandreception areawater sportsscuba divingour honeymoonbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

A newer resort, close to the end of the road that traverses the length of Havelock Island. One of the few upper end resorts that is truly beachfront, also separated from the craziness of the ferry & market area. Service & food are both strong, but nothing too noteworthy by international standards.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank citymusiclover
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel is on one of the best parts of the eastern beach. The rooms are large and pleasant, although a bit on the dark side. We thought the outside shower area was fine. Sturdy construction which withstood the major cyclone whilst we were there.
Good to have a fridge with plentiful free drinking water. Lots of cable television channels if you're interested. Good but rather noisy aircon.
I don't really think it makes much difference which side of the road you are, you pay more on the beach side but its only a two minute walk away anyway. We ate in the restaurant a few times and the food was good, and there's a small bar area. You can also walk up the road to the Wild Orchid - about 20 minutes - where the food is also good (and beers here) - but make sure you bring a torch because the road is not lit. There are some more eating options in between and further on.
It's a pretty good place overall, second only to barefoot, but you a pay a significant premium for this over the other options.
Talking of Barefoot, we probably would have booked there instead if it was available. We visited there for lunch a couple of times, and it looked pretty nice (but a step up in price), and of course a great location by beach no 7 (but a bit dark in the trees).
However, there's not much else there, so if you fancy a bit of variety at night it may be better to pick Silver Sand; it's probably easier visiting beach no 7 during the day than going from beach no 7 to beach no 5 in the evening because although it doesn't look far it is a fair trek.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SummerLightening
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed in silver sand havelock from 13 Jan 2014 to 16 Jan 2014. Many travelers who think they have experienced best staff, should just try speaking to their marketing executive Miss Saira. And mind you, her efforts to make things convenient goes beyond booking of rooms. I just happened to speak to her while trying to find a good deal. Well, she did convince me that I got a good deal. But that's not the issue. I requested her if she could book MAKRUZ tickets for me. She adviced me not to try boarding morning 8.30am MAKRUZ immediately on the day of landing at port blair, but I thought it will be OK since I would be landing at 0710h. She booked our tickets and mailed us the tickets voucher. As things could go wrong, our flight kept on getting delayed and finally reached Port Blair with 6 hrs delay. From Chennai airport I called her up and requested her if she could book me in afternoon Makruz since I did not want to waste time in Port Blair. She asked me, if I can pay her in advance on line. I requested her that I am not comfortable doing bank transactions on airport's wifi net and she agreed. Any way - she booked my tickets and told me that I can make the payments after reaching their hotel. Ofcourse, We made the payment as soon as we landed Portblair and before boarding afternoon 2PM Makruz. Now, so far, things are still OK. Tell you what, while returning, we changed out plan and requested her to again book our Makruz tickets to portblair with a request that if we could make the payments at Portblair as ATM at havlock was not working and hotel does not accept credit cards at havelock. God be kind, she was so OK and could trust us. We reached portblair in night and next day evening we called her up, met her for the first time, thanked her and made the payments. During our stay, she called us up to make sure things are comfortable for us.

Now about our other experience. Hotel is great. Lovely property, lovely and extremely helpful front office staff and house keeping. Every one was focused on making our stay memorable one. But like all places, the restaurant guys had decided to have things other way. We hired cabs, booked for snorkeling and sea walk through front office. They help you with everything and their rates are extremely genuine. Their beach is good but not like radhanagar beach. No swimming poor. All other routine points have already been written by other reviewers so I will not waste readers time over repeating them.

Now about the bad point. About food. Worst experience in life. Unfortunately, we had no choice but to have breakfast with them. Well it was complimentary as part of package. Even otherwise, with two kids, we thought having breakfast with them would be better. Readers pl be adviced, this hotel is worth staying, but pl avoid having meals with them. Their was no buffet. We were expected to order - choose between corn flakes, idli, dosa, fruit bowl, bottled drink(always mango) some local brand like Frooti. On two days, we asked them, if we could have crab or pomphrets for dinner. In spite of having clear 6 hours for making and planning dinner, their answer was NO. 90% of their menu card is not available. What a waste of hope. Felt bad. For all, Best option is Anju COCO. Its just about 2-3 kms short of this hotel towards jetty side. Hiring a two wheeler for Rs 500 for 24 hours and having meals at Anju COCO was a brilliant idea.

For planning, pl do not have any hopes of good food and you will really enjoy the experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Silver Sand Beach Resort can only be said to be an expensive budget hotel since the price charged is for a full service hotel but the facilities provided are bare minimum. The hotel room didn't even have an hair dryer or a safe (which is a necessity on a vacation if you plan to go in the water). The bathroom wasn't very neat and didn't have all the toiletries. Ran out of water in the bathroom in the evening. However, the staff was courteous in general and even arranged a special dinner for us by the beach side (which I would highly recommend for any couple(s)). The only good thing about the hotel is the Beach. The beach by the hotel is one of the most beautiful and serene beach. Very calm and without any crowd, the beach is the only reason I would suggest to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Its been such an awesome experience staying at this hotel. I was on a vacation with my buddies in the first week of January. We stayed there for almost a week and to put it in simple words...The experience was LEGENDARY.
We got good rooms, good quality of service, the rooms were clean and the food and drinks were also great...and everything was at a reasonable price. I'm sure if the next time I want to go out on a vacation or something,it has to be this place only. Its totally value for money. Try it sometime, folks....you won't regret it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends