All reviews scuba diving food quality is also good scenic location amazing place to stay spend quality time dont expect low tide calm place stayed there for days sea facing beautiful experience close to nature huts bamboo insects luxury jetty
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

We tried several accommodations on this island during 3 weeks and found our place to be at Eco Villa. The staff was very friendly, delicious food and had a nice bungalow directly in the front of the beach. The bungalow was basic but everything inside what you really need. If you want to avoid seeing spiders or snakes you should choose another country because this is part of the beautiful nature here! Special thanks to the manager who was very friendly and helped us a lot during bad weather conditions. I will always keep him in my memories! I can always recommend this really nice place!!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobertBar14
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Nice bungalows right at the beach front. Not much comfort but all you need - lot of animals, but they clean every day. Very delicious food! Very friendly staff. Nice garden and in total a great place to spend some days. Snorkeling possible but not spectacular.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2017

this place is close to nature and most scenic.you can take auto from havelock jetty, its nearby, at the time of low tide you can see corals by simply walking on sea bed. it has many things natural so be ready for mosquito or insects

Room Tip: triple villa is nice and sea facing
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

If there was a provision for giving zero stars I would because this was how I felt.
I was charged 7900 INR plus taxes for Beach view AC villa.
Why you should not book this resort

1. This is priced comparably to nearby resorts or hotels but provides no facilities.
2. It does not even provide drinking water or glasses in the room. It charges for even the mineral water bottles it provides. Btw you will be informed you will be charged for water when you check out.
3. It is called Eco villa and they claim to be eco friendly but it is littered with trash all around. You do not feel in the midst of nature, you feel in the midst of trash. Not aesthetic or pleasing to the eye.
3. You are in the midst of nature. Cockroaches and ants all around you. If you sit outside the villa to eat, dogs reared in this resort will come around smelling food.
4. There will be just the minimum amenities in the resort. Dont expect even a kettle for you to have tea when you wake up early. And of course breakfast or tea is not available before 07:30.
5. The kitchen services are equally poor. If you order breakfast or any food expect 1 hr delay. 6. The complimentary breakfast served is a choice of toast/ omelette/ poori bhaji. The toast will not be actually toasted in a toaster. It will be toasted on a tawa. And a dollop of butter or jam will be placed on the plate in which bread is served. I wish I had taken pictures to show how distasteful it looked and tasted.
6. There is practically no customer service or room service. Since there is no intercom you need to go out to the main reception for any need.
I regretted booking this so much. I always book hotels according to Tripadvisor reviews as this was rated 4 stars but this was such a huge disappointment. I can't believe this was awarded 2016 Tripadvisor certificate of excellence. I actually blame tripadvisor because I would not have otherwise booked this resort. I also felt guilty of disappointing my mother as she was accompanying me on this trip and being subject to so much discomfort.
The only saving grace was scuba which I had booked with Eco divers- it was an amazing experience and which helped me have patience with this resort.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Priti K
Reviewed October 7, 2017

I have scuba diving here and my experience was worst. at time of booking they say you will go 7-10 metre deep. but in reality they took me at depth of hardly three metre and even i told my instructor again and again to go deep during my diving with sign they told me. and after diving when i say why you were not got me deep he gives excuses that in deep sea you will only see sand and all also during my diving maximum time i was just one metre deep as i could see sea level just above my head. they were just fooling. i will not recommend this agency. this is my true review.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family