“Low end budget hotel Clean and comfortable. Large vehicle parking available.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Geneva

Motel 6 Geneva
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Geneva
Sarasota, Florida
“Low end budget hotel Clean and comfortable. Large vehicle parking available.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on 8/21-22. I stay is hotels 300+ times yearly for work. This hotel was converted from a HoJo. They were painting the exterior when I stayed. Its an older place, but clean and comfortable. The hot water was plentiful and a great shower. They have a pool and guest laundry. A great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Stuyvesant Falls, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our room was pretty big, with 2 double beds. It was clean. It just seemed like things had been painted over, resealed, and re-grouted one too many times. Our room needed new carpeting. Our main concern was that it was clean so it worked for us since we were just passing through.

It had rained overnight and we had to clean off our motorcycles. One of the cleaning ladies asked if we wanted any cleaning rags. That was nice!

There was a diner right next-door which was a plus!

Room Tip: There is only parking on one side of the motel. So, if you like to park your car by your room, ask...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Irwin, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff was nice and the room was clean, but this motel is missing too many amenities. I know that I get what I pay for, but even a cheap motel can do better. There were 2 sinks in our room. One in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom, which was nice, but the water pressure in both sinks was ridiculously low. It took about 20 seconds to fill a glass of water. There was also no hot water from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., so we waited to take showers, which made us check out late, but they were very cool about it. There was no garbage can in the bathroom. There was only one tiny one in the whole room (a minor gripe). A small refrigerator in the room would have been nice instead of the big safe. No breakfast here, but they did have coffee in the lobby. The pool was right out our back door. It was a nice size, but it was too deep for my 5-year-old to stand up in, even in the shallowest part. The pool was supposed to open at 9:00, but I had to go to the front desk at 9:30 to get them to open it. I also skimmed the pool since it had obviously not been done. Overall, it was a very basic hotel. It got the job done without spoiling me in any way.

• Stayed August 2013
New Franklin, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Rooms were clean and updated. Pool was plain but clean and functional. Also had handicapped accessibility via power lift! Location was great. Next to many restaurants and a couple winery's. Right next to highway for easy access. I think the rates have increased so i believe it is over-priced but seems to be a safe and accomodating hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor has balcony's that you can access. Bottom floor has a small patio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lewisville, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had been here a total of 15 minutes and when my elderly mother went to wash her face, the 3 washcloths in the bathroom were filthy. I took them to the front desk and Mary was sitting on the lobby couch watching 'Housewives of Orange Co.' on the lobby TV. I explained the issue with the washcloths & initially she apologized and tried to find me a clean pair. Unfortunately, after looking through 10 or so washcloths, she was unable to find a clean one! I told her that she should complain to the laundry service, as they obviously are not doing their job. She then said, "Well, they are used, this is a motel & things get used. What do you expect?". I expect a Motel 6 to have clean washcloths!!! We stay at Motel 6 throughout the country & I have never been spoken to so rudely by a staff member. I told her "I hope the bedsheets are in better shape for $68 a night!". I then came back to my room.

My husband called the corporate office to complain and it turns out, this is not a corporately owned Motel 6, it is privately owned, so corporate could not help other than to call Mary. Corporate called Mary to advise her to 'make it right', which would have been a simple apology. However, Mary called and said "Hi, this is Mary, I just wanted to call because you mentioned you were concerned about the sheets. Are they ok? I am about to leave for the night, but I can run down to the linen storage for new sheets if you need me to.". I told her the linens were fine, it was her rude response that was upsetting, by saying "what do you expect...?" She said that she never said that & corporate called her and she cleared it up with them. I told her she did say that & she stopped just short of calling me a liar.

Mary is a manager-in-training according to Motel 6 Corporate Office. I hope her boss/the owner of the motel addresses this situation with her. I was never rude to Mary, I knew it was not her fault the washcloths were filthy and I did not hold her responsible. I did hang up on her when she was arguing with me about what she she said, as I don't take we'll to the insinuation that I was lying.

Upon further inspection of the room, the room is decent. I honestly don't have high expectations from Motel 6, after all, it is a motel (as even Mary states requires one to lower their expectations) As I said, the sheets are clean. My blanket is hard, old & terribly wrinkled....but that is ok, as I throw them off the bed anyhow. The chairs at the table are terribly stained. We certainly won't be using them! Otherwise, the rest seems ok and not especially noteworthy.

I have never given a review before & I travel at least every other month, the filthy towels & rude Mary made me definitely want to warn other folks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DaisyTX
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had a great stay here. First time staying at a Motel 6, so had mixed expectations, but the place was great. Got excellent value online and the room was perfectly fine. It was fairly spacious, with microwave and fridge, and everything worked well. TV got a lot of channels too. I slept very well, with no noise outside.

Check in, check out were easy, and the local newspaper was available for free there, which was a nice bonus.

Outside, this hotel is next to entrance for 1-90 and also next door to a restaurant that looked pretty popular. Also within walking distance is a convenience store and gas station. Other places to eat seemed a short drive away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice. Well worth the Saturday night rate of $44.95. Clean, quiet. Rooms open into a hallway. People need to understand Motel 6 does not offer all the amenities that other hotels do, but that's why they charge less. I look for Motel 6 first, have stayed at many, and this is one of the nicest (at least the room I was in was nice.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jason d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub

Been to Motel 6 Geneva? Share your experiences!