“good and local”

Scribblers Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport, NC
“good and local”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

nice place for coffee and pastry or light lunch. We met friends during the week for lunch - and although I felt the soup and sandwich a bit on the skimpy side...both were delicious. I had the chicken tortilla soup - something I wouldn't make at home, but great when it's "homemade" at a restaurant. The café is clean, nicely decorated - accommodated our group of ten without a problem - it has a back room for larger groups. Watch out in the parking lot in inclement weather - it gets muddy and slushy. The coffee was great - both in selection and flavor - and while I didn't have a pastry - the locals say that the coffee and pasty is why they come here. I grew up in the NE Ohio area - and it's good to see revitalization. Covered bridges are the thing here - and they showcase them in a small one out back and in the coffee.

• Visited March 2014

Houston, Texas
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

fresh bread. excellent sandwiches freshly made. friendly staff. the cafe is in a renovated house. Warm atmosphere. milk shakes are below average. bakery products - excellent.

Visited November 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“very nice little LOCAL place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been to Scribblers three times now, and I always love to find a locally owned and operated place. We've been twice at lunchtime on a Saturday.. Very busy!!!! The staff has been friendly, and the food quite good. I don't drink the "fancy" type coffees and was disappointed how long I had to wait to get the ordinary pot refilled that day. Everything is homemade and the potato salad was delicious! I brought my mom there on a thurs. night just to try it and they were out. Guess the lunch hour had been crazy. I haven't tried the desserts and pastries but they look good. Will definitely go back again.

• Visited November 2013
Niles, Ohio
“Very nice cafe for salads, sandwiches, coffee, sweets, breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nicely decorated , sparkling clean, spacious cafe. Very pleasant staff. They can easily accommodate larger groups of people. They have a very large menu of sandwiches, sweets, coffees, pastries. We stopped for lunch and had a very good panini and a great salad. You order at the counter then take to your table.Large assortment of all coffee drinks and coffee varieties. Great assortment of pastries. They also have their own bagged coffee for sale. We will definitely be back for pastries/coffee. Place is in a large remodeled house/business across from Old Mill Winery and the smallest covered bring around !

• Visited August 2013